Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Murders with Broadband

Options
  • 15-02-2008 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey lads.

Wondering if anybody has had the same issues with Eircom or any other network..

Recently i switched my broadband from Eircoms 3mb Home Pro to Utv's Click silver 3mb..

The change happened 10 days after i requested, after 2 days downtime no broadband i contacted Eircom who told me to bring the issue up with Utv as Eircom no longer handled the Dsl part of my line.

All goes well i ring Utv who tell me they have to activate and so they do, giving me login details for the router to use Utv... Get a connection and broadband is working away.

After about 3-4 hours of using Utv i noticed their speeds are nothing to Eircoms, with their shabby dns server's and long routed connection.. I was unhappy with Utv Broadband so i rang them to request they cancel.

Got a letter from Utv 3 days later saying i had 30 days to switch my broadband or i would be without service. Rang eircom, after a few hours of complaining to several departments, one team manager contacted me and said she would sort Dsl transfer.

She did up a form, posted it to my address which i was to sign to authorise the Dsl transfer. Form came today 15/03/08, everything looked fine only they mixed up the broadband package i was trying to get on, Eircom Business Plus instead of Eircom Business Starter.

Rang Eircom about this issue to just make sure when the dsl was switched back that they got me on the right package.

To my distress, Eircom told me that i was no longer an Eircom Customer, My account number was closed and switched to another provider the previous day. I asked how is this possible when i never asked Utv to handle my line rental and Eircom specifically told me yesterday that i only had line rental with Eircom and Broadband with UTV.

I am now left with a small timeframe to get everything back to Eircom, Is this legal? My line rental and phone was switched to UTV when i never Authorised nor asked for it? NOw both companys blame each other and I cant get anywhere. I have contacted Comreg on this matter but to no avail as of yet.

Any comments welcome, thanks in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

That's an awful situation. I don't envy you one bit.

Maybe Lying Ryan can help...http://www.eamonryan.ie/v2/index.php

He is the minister after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The default for UTV, and the basis of their competitive prices, is that you take UTV Talk. I expect you signed up for UTV talk, but Eircom only sent you the DSL transfer, creating the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭St0n3d

ardmacha wrote: »
    The default for UTV, and the basis of their competitive prices, is that you take UTV Talk. I expect you signed up for UTV talk, but Eircom only sent you the DSL transfer, creating the problem.

Nah mate never took Utv talk. The agreement was solely broadband and has being for the last week. only when i contacted Utv and said i was transfering my broadband back to Eircom . I think in all honesty they did it in Spite..

Eircom the day prior confirmed that the phone service was with them and wouldnt change..

Advertisement