Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

5 month old golden lab lost. Please help!!

• 15-02-2008 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

5 month old golden lab missing from the Mulhuddert area since early February.
    He is a much loved pet and is dearly missed. All the pounds have been checked and he is micro chipped. Any information would be much appreciated!!
    Thanks.
    Laura.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Hi Laura,
    Sorry to hear about your dog. Best thing to do is put up as many posters with photos as you can and ask the local kids if they have seen the dog. Kids are great, they remember every little detail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Also let the local vets know in case anyone picks up a ''stray'' and brings it to them? and maybe put an advertisment in the local paper(s) Did you tell the pound to let you know if a lab is picked up in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Its not actually my dog. Its my mams friends dog. They are missing him so much and have gone to all the pounds, shelters, garda stations and vets. Hopefully he will turn up.
    I think they are getting posters done up today.
    I think someone has taken him in because he's really friendly and is very obedient, even already. (for a 5 month old lab)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

@ Lauragoesmad

I live in Mulhuddart so will keep an eye out when I am walking my own dog.

I will also put a notice on our estate website if you like? Have you a contact email address so I can tell people to contact you if they see the dog?

Pm sent to ya Gazzer. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭NoNameRanger

Well the fact that the dog was out on its own kinda does point to an irresponsable owner. Accidents do happen but I think in this case the owner was at fault in all fairness.:):):):rolleyes:

Really hope ye find the dog by the way.

Oh the irony!!:D;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055232518

Well the fact that the dog was out on its own kinda does point to an irresponsable owner. Accidents do happen but I think in this case the owner was at fault in all fairness.:):):):rolleyes:

Really hope ye find the dog by the way.

Oh the irony!!:D;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055232518

Get a grip!
    I'm only trying to help the person out. After all, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the dog to be reunited with his/her owner.
    Also try reading the post. Its not my dog.
    And I still stand by what I said. They should have made sure the gate was closed!!
    Oh and thanks for your "two cents" by the way.

I genuinely feel bad for anybody that loses their dog, it happened to me once and it broke my heart, i am not an irresponsible dog owner! I absolutely hate when people label others that have lost their pets as irresponsible without knowing all the facts. As you did in that thread when the dog was killed by a car and there was no sign of the owner. There was also no information about the owner or how the dog happened to be there, yet this person was labelled an irresponsible dog owner by you and others.

I did read the post and i understood it. Now that it has happened to your mums friend and you know the person and the facts i presume. Would you consider her to be an irresponsible dog owner? Would you like her to find out that thats what you or anybody else thinks of her?
    I'm sure she's upset enough over losing her dog and doesn't need people thinking that of her.

Fair play to you for helping her out all the same and i hope ye find the dog. I'm sorry i don't have any information for ye, I'm not in your part of the country.
    Best of luck.

I did read the post and i understood it. Now that it has happened to your mums friend and you know the person and the facts i presume. Would you consider her to be an irresponsible dog owner? Would you like her to find out that thats what you or anybody else thinks of her?
    I'm sure she's upset enough over losing her dog and doesn't need people thinking that of her.

YES! She said it herself and I think has learned a lesson from this but the fact of the matter is this could have been avoided but I think from now on she will be more diligent about closing the gate.
    And if you want to say any more about it, can you keep it in the original thread as one is just for information about the dog.
    Its funny, when I was typing this ad out, I knew you'd comment about it.

YES! She said it herself and I think has learned a lesson from this but the fact of the matter is this could have been avoided but I think from now on she will be more diligent about closing the gate.
    And if you want to say any more about it, can you keep it in the original thread as one is just for information about the dog.
    Its funny, when I was typing this ad out, I knew you'd comment about it.

Fair enough:)
    Nice to know you were still thinking of me:D;)

• Advertisement

Bump

Advertisement