Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undrinkable Larger

Options
  • 15-02-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Looking for some advice. Bought 2 trays of carlsberg before Christmas the problem is they are not drinkable at all, there is a horrible taste of them and no can stomach them. I got onto Diagio and sent 3 cans back to them for testing. They sent me a letter saying there was nothing wrong with them and enclosed a €10 postal order, not good enough.

I now have 37 cans sitting in my garage which are of no use to anyone, still waiting on a call back from Diagio regarding a rep calling out to taste them but haven't heard a word back. Now I know that sometimes cans can taste different to bottles and pints but there is definitley something not right with them.

Any ideas what to do next??:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

I had this once with whoever distributes scrumpy jack. My bro bought 8 trays and 5 of them were completely mouldy. I sent a letter into the company (C&C I think) and after a couple of follow up calls to them, they sent out a rep.
    The rep was cool, and replaced all the dodgy trays with new ones from the boot of his car.
    I'd be surprised if Diageo handle it differently, because its not exactly normal for people to pretend to have gone off beer, so its quite likely a grievance is realistic.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

It's L-A-G-E-R mate!! :)

Cans of Carlsberg are always rank, I don't think there's anything wrong with them per se, it's just that they're all like that.
    My local offie are doing 10 bottles of Carlsberg at the moment for 10 euro at the monent, and they're absolutely divine. Plus the last time I was in there I found a fiver on the ground on the way out! In essense 10 bottles of Carlsberg cost me a fiver.
    Sweetest deal of 2008!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It can and does happen.
    While I've never worked in a brewery the first thing I thought of was maybe there were cleaning chemicals used in the brewry and then this batch was made. I'm probably talking nonsense though.

I'm suprised Diagio didn't replace them, normally companies are terrified of bad publicity and they send vouchers and replacements immediately if there is a chance they are at fault.

OP, have you checked the best before date? Are the batch numbers the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Are ye kidding me?? Throw them out fer f*ck sake and buy something else... Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 koala75

Thanks for your reply micmclo, checked the dates and they are fine, batch numbers match. Have bought more cans since and they are fine so there is def something wrong with them.

As for Whip It's advice to just throw them out, I don't think so would they throw €60 down the sink!! At the end of the day I bought something and it can't be used, all I want is to have them replaced or a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

can you bring them back to the point of sale? I thought theres something in consumer act that your contract is with them and its their problem to liaise with diagio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

TheDriver wrote: »
    can you bring them back to the point of sale? I thought theres something in consumer act that your contract is with them and its their problem to liaise with diagio
    yes indeed theDriver is right op Diagio can actually refuse to deal with it as you have not purchased from them(but for good cunsumer relations they will humour you)

so the 1st step is always return to shop, off-licence or wherever you bought the goods as these are the only people legally obliged to cater for your statutory rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

A few bad cans, probably. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

After a few nice beers tip into them.

What is a nice beer though eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

chump wrote: »
    What is a nice beer though eh?

Tyskie, a gift from the gods!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

koala75 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice. Bought 2 trays of carlsberg before Christmas the problem is they are not drinkable at all, there is a horrible taste of them and no can stomach them. I got onto Diagio and sent 3 cans back to them for testing. They sent me a letter saying there was nothing wrong with them and enclosed a €10 postal order, not good enough.

I now have 37 cans sitting in my garage which are of no use to anyone, still waiting on a call back from Diagio regarding a rep calling out to taste them but haven't heard a word back. Now I know that sometimes cans can taste different to bottles and pints but there is definitley something not right with them.

Any ideas what to do next??:confused:

Thanks

Would you not just put it down to experience, and get yourself as six-pack of Tuborg instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Will posters please stick to the topic at hand? The OP is out for pocket for goods that are not up to scratch. I do not want this thread dragged off topic.

OP, if you do not have a shop receipt, then I would probably advise you to continue pursuing Diageo.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

I highly doubt diageo even have directly employed reps who can deal with this problem. All their grocery reps are contracted afaik and stick to rigid call plans. Definitely worth going back to point of sale

PS: Tuborg is also diageo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

As an off-licence employee, i can tell you that your contract is with the off licence and not Diageo. If you have a receipt and can prove the cans are faulty/undrinkable, then the off licence is legally obliged to give you a refund or exhange.

Advertisement