Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic - Letting Staff Go

Options
  • 15-02-2008 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I heard people were let go in Medtronic today. Have they let go many in the last 2 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

i hear it's just temp staff being let go.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I heard the sky was falling and the resulting void was to be used as a centre for asylum seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Robbo wrote: »
    I heard the sky was falling and the resulting void was to be used as a centre for asylum seekers.

the asylum you just escaped from ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

bout 50 part timers i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Robbo wrote: »

same fate for the ibis hotel
    wonk wonk wonk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joy123

so far i know , there is only 4 staff and they r from cregg(medtronic have nothing to do with it). they were working for 5 month, its shocking tho:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I know one lad who sat down at his desk and five minutes later he was told he wasn't needed anymore. He said thirty of them got let go. I do realise they had a lot of temps in to do some extra work which is now done, I was more interested in how are things in general up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

is there some rule that a Temp worker has to be made permanent if he works for a company for more than 6 months? i remember this used to be the case back in the days of DEC (Digital) Maybe that's the reason for the layoffs?

i understand what u thinking, but the people get fired they weren't working for medtronic. they were working for CREG RECRUTING COM. things r normal in medtronic. so far i know except everybody shocked to know this things.

galwayrush wrote: »
    is there some rule that a Temp worker has to be made permanent if he works for a company for more than 6 months? i remember this used to be the case back in the days of DEC (Digital) Maybe that's the reason for the layoffs?
    and i dont think recruting company never make anybody parmanent:mad: they dont have to. people work for them in contract basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 manonthestreet

surely short term contract staff are let go in factories all the time. They are not permanent jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

From what I can see, companies like Medtronic have to have policies like this to remain competetive.

Its not ideal that them people are out of work now, but contract workers in lots of companies regularly fail to have their contracts renewed.

Nature of the business I suppose. Long-term contracted employees are much safer than that though. For the most part anyways.

Advertisement