Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpetright - Avoid at all cost

Options
  • 15-02-2008 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

just though I'd let ye know to stay clear of carpetright -- had to ring them
    a number of times to find out when my carpets were in. So got booked in today for the installation so as they ask u to do - cleared 2 rooms of furniture and took up the carpets (shouldn't that be part of the installation ??)

Anyway, 1st sign that the day wasn't going well was when I rang at 10.30am wondering when they would be here to be told -- "who said your carpets are in, only 1 has arrived ???" . An 1/2 hour later the carpet was found !! and promised installer would be on the way - 2pm / 4pm / 5.30pm ("yes, he will definetly be there")

So, tonight we have had to abandon the bottom part of the house as it is now devoid of carpets and furniture.. good start to the weekend :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

No the room must be fully - cleared -

Always call them first thing as the installers call in pick up the carpets and off they go fo the day

Have had a run in with carpetright as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I used them once before,it will be the last time. I bought the carpet and they arranged a delivery day. On the day itself only herself was in,they came,did a fairly shabby job of the stairs,basically just leaving the carpet hanging over the risers. When I got home,just as they were finishing, I realsied that not only had they did a crap job,they also installed the wrong carpet.I went in since to price some carpet,which in all fairness was dirt cheap,but for installation,underlay and those sticks they use on the floor added over €500 to the price:eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I find them ok.Once your able for their pushy sales people trying to give you stuff you don't need.

Advertisement