Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park Academy Creche in Delgany

• 15-02-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

The Park Academy is opening a new crèche in Eden Gate, Delgany. It appears to be pretty pricey in comparison to other crèches in the area. What do they offer that warrants such a price difference? Does anyone know of anyone who uses their crèche in Bray? Are they worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Hi there

Can you elaborate a bit? What do you mean by pricey compared to others? I priced Giraffe in Cherrywood about 4 months ago and it was 1k a month for a baby less then 1 for full time care.

The Park in Cherrywood (Tullyvale) would only quote me for part-time. That was 3 full days or 5 days 7.30- 2 (I think or 2.30) for 800e a month.

What were you quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Viewed a few Creches and the park academy came out on top. They are so professional, you just know that they know what they are talking about. Friends recommended them to me, they have had a really positive experience with them and have to say so far so have we. Well worth the investment, in my book.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PG24

In the area, prices for three full days have ranged from €540 to €800. Puroga in Greystones which has a very good reputation is €670. I have visited both the Park Academy and Puroga and am trying to identify what the service difference is between both. Are the kids better cared for in the Park Academy?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Its the overall package really. But yes i think the care is of a very high standard. The staff are knowledgeable and well trained, they really seem know what they are doing. I dont have any problem trusting them and in the past they have always acted in the best intrests of my little one when sick. In fact id feel they went over the call of duty on that one. What impresses me is that we are not treated as another number, the service is very personal. As parents you are kept in the loop all the time about whats happening, its like a little community! The day to day stuff they do with the kids is fab. Always something new and exciting seems to be happening. They are very particular about nutrition too. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I've had a look around the creches available in Greystones/Delgany area - Park Academy in Delgany has been delayed in opening as work completes on their new unit. My wife and I had a look at the one in Bray in the Retail Park to get an example of what the one in Delgany will be like - I have to say I was very impressed. I have not yet had the opportunity to experience the customer service aspect but the overall reputation comes out top compared to some horror stories I've heard and number counting that happens in a lot of Greystones creches. I'd like to think the little person is the most important thing to the creche than our hard earned cash so if I need to pay a little bit extra to be sure that my little one is in the best hands and is getting the best opportunity to progress while I'm at work well then I'm going to stretch the pocket to make that happen.

And I know this is hear'say but I heard of someone who took their two kids out of another park academy creche and put them in a creche 'down the road', all due to the cost factor, then turned up at Park Academy's front door a month later to find their places no longer available.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for the feedback. It has been very helpful in assisting me in selecting a crèche. As a first time mother any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pdcork

Hi I am moving to Greystones/Delgany area from Cork in September with a 4 year old and a baby. Am trying to decide between Edengate and Puroga childcare. Both look great on the surface of it! I'm not sure if Edenagate has a fulltime class in the 4-5 agegroup? More like afterschoolers? Does anyone have children going to this creche? I would like to make sure there will be kids in my daughters agegroup in the creche for her to play with. I had an 'unofficial' tour of edengate but the kids there that day seemed more of the 2.5-3.5 age not really any 4 year olds?? Any comments?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

I would recommend the creche in Eden Gate over Puroga.

I cannot recommend Eden Gate enough. The staff there are fantastic and they are so flexible. A friend has a her child in Puroga and it sounds ok. She has had a couple of minor issues regarding her food and reporting on what she was eating.

The Manager in Eden Gate will tell you exactly what the age ranges. Again, I think it is fantastic and would highly recommend them. They have a great outdoor playing area and the disco room is a great alternative on a winter day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

The park in Bray looks great but the supervision is not so good, our lad was getting seriously physically bulled by older kids and there was no mention of it from the staff, it was only when he mentioned a particular incident at home and we asked in the creche the following day, that we were told "sure that happened last week" and brushed off. They also seemed to get through a serious amount of DVD's in an average week, to me it seems that having the nicest facilities is not much good if the staff are not up to scratch.

My suggestion is to go by personal recomendation from someone you trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

i know this thread is old but has anyone an up to date price for Park Academy in CAbinteely for 5 days care for a 1 year old?
    many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Try calling them.

The said Creche on this thread is in Wicklow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement