Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a house from the developer

Options
  • 15-02-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I would like to buy a new house but the asking price is higher than I had budgeted for. The price is €310000 finished or €290000 unfinished. I had decided that the max I can afford is €285000 and even that would be difficult enough. Can I make an offer of €280000 for a finished house or would this be ridiculous? The estate agent has said he thinks the developer would accept €300000, without even being asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

You can offer €5 if you like. It's up to the developer to decide what is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Maybe offer 270k, if he rejects that leave it for a few days then go to say 275 or 277 and see what reaction is like at those prices. If developer is still not playing bacll say 280 is your final offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It's not ridiculous to offer 280k as you say nor even 270k. It's a buyers market.

Check to see if that developement is selling well, high chances are it's not. Check prices for equivalent 2nd hand houses in your area, compare and contrast. The developer needs buyers more than buyers need developers :)

A developer and an estate agent is not your friend, they are business people who sell houses.
    Don't overstretch yourself in these uncertain times.

Advertisement