Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 5 Trailer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

looks delicious one thing that annoys me is when someone posts a game trailer online stating "Game X in full HD" it may well be true but at least upload it where we can see the quality and not have it hampered by youtube's video encoding algorithms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

yeah,youtube is **** for uploadin like hd videos,but im happy enuf the way it turned out,most of the videos i upload are pityful quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Hopefully the physics will match the graphic quailty. I'm not overly optimistic tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

In all fairness, Toca Touring cars back in 97ish had full damage on all the cars in the game. There is no excuse for a racing game in 2008 to have no damage. Its either the car manufacturers not wanting ugly cars or polyphony being too lazy. If they halved the amount of cars and then gave the remaining cars damage id be happier.

I only have a layman's knowledge of programming but could they not just have a few different damage algorithms and apply them to all the cars or would they have to go through each car one by one damaging it from every angle. Its called a "racing simulator" so it should have it as well as the fact that all the arcade games have quiet impressive damage effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Bump

Have you seen the Tesco ad for the new GT5 package?

This is remarkable stuff for any racing sim/arcade fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 montoyastheman

Looks great!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

IanCurtis wrote: »
    Bump

Have you seen the Tesco ad for the new GT5 package?

This is remarkable stuff for any racing sim/arcade fan.

Looks good but I had to laugh at the way 16player online play is a big deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I laughed at that too :)
    From what i hear the AI are going to be pants yet again and i seriously doubt they will improve physics to be anything more sim like.
    I had to laugh at the muppets on xleaguetv talking about it saying they dont like it becasue its hyper realistic.
    That is exactly why any console racer will never be a proper sim,the hardware is capable of it but the customers want arcade type racers.
    Shame really as the gfx look awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

So anyone had a go? Is it any good? Different from GT4?

Full review please before I shell out €400!

Advertisement