Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Accord - first offfical pics

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

+1 .I thought it was the old model when i saw that pic first.This is supposedly a car thats taking on the big boys.I dont think BMW will be overly worried based on those pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Jebus - I was expecting so much more. The front, it's kinda.......ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

This was discussed here recently.

Agreed that it is a disappointment, why couldn't it have looked like the blue one in the photo?(interior looks great though)
    11135_super.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Good God, what have they done!

That has got to be one of the worst looking Hondas I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

E92 wrote: »
    This was discussed here recently.

Agreed that it is a disappointment, why couldn't it have looked like the blue one in the photo?(interior looks great though)
    11135_super.jpg

The blue is just an artists impression of the red - which I presumed would resemble the Euro Accord.

So if you want a stylish mid-range saloon it a choice between the Alfa 159, Mazda 6 or bizzarely - the Citroen C5...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

kleefarr wrote: »
    Good God, what have they done!

That has got to be one of the worst looking Hondas I've seen.

I agree they've made it worse looking. Did they hire the guy from Subaru or something?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Its the old accord except with what looks like a raised, shorter bonnet (More muscle looking I guess) and an even uglier grill. Personally I think the original of this model ('04 - '06 model) had the nicest grill.
    This one:
    photo.jpg

And its a shame that after all the hype of what the new accord would look like it ends up a pretty poor and lazy redesign, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bit of a disappointment alright. I still want a go on one with the new i-DTEC engine though.

Advertisement