Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with my own game of tennis !! haha

Options
  • 15-02-2008 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Right guys

I wanted to mess around with some images.. . more learning for myself then anything

I started with
    http://www.davidstokes.com/v/3/1.jpg

and i got a pic of my friends car.. Now i wanted to place the car on the bridge and make it look real

heres where i'm at
    http://www.davidstokes.com/v/3/2.jpg

i added a small drop shadow, I added some shadow from the bridge across the bonnet.. I also adjusted the curves,,

any tips on what next to do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Not that I'm a pro at this myself, but I reckon the car could benefit from a boost in contrast and a saturation reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Great work so far! But hmm..........theres something not right about it, I dont think its anything your doing, but the car seems too small, thats the first thing I thought 'woh, that aint right', but maybe I'm wrong, theres nothing to scale it against I know, but I gots this feeling :p

Also, there is so much going on in that pic, and the car is relatively low in it, it doesnt appear to be the main focus point, given the shape of the bridge your eye is drawn down that 'tunnel'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah could be an idea to try a crop to bring the car to a more important position in the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

A couple of things about the lighting. You should look at the shadows to figure out where the light source (sun) would be. It seems to be above and to the left in the bridge pic but light is hitting the car from the right so it could be a good idea to flip the car horizontally to keep the light source consistent. Also you added a drop shadow with soft edges whereas the other shadows in the picture are really sharp.
    Rough example:
    carzz7.jpg

Advertisement