Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torchwood 2x06 Reset [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

• 16-02-2008 1:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

OK, do not read this if you don't want next week ruined.
    This is the one where Martha come back, she is working for UNIT, by recommendation of The Doctor. She is called into TW to check out a suspicious death.

We get the obvious tension that she will bring to the team, and she is obviously a more "grown up" version of Martha than from Who.... dosnt stop her doing a typical companion thing in wandering around a secret base in a manner that screams "please capture me!!" though.........

So, natch she gets captured and experimented on, and only Owen can save the day, with a decent comedic plot line which is a hallmark of this season.

The romance between Owen and Tosh has its aborted start this week, cut short by the ending, and you have to wonder if the title Reset is not just about the reset experiment using the alien parasite but also about resetting Owens character. Whilst last weeks funny Owen as a Geek was a good laugh, here we're seeing Owen being nice again. Just as you wish they wouldn't do this the writing team decide to do just that.

The focus of attention of course is in Martha coming in for the first of her three eps. Her judging of Ianto and Gwen and Owen is well done I think, and funny, and the teams reaction to an actual normal person (as opposed to Capt Spike) who has obviously worked with Jack is just as you'd imagine, they're very interested in her and what she has done. Jack, of course, loves playing this up.

In the end, we are presented with a decent villain who, again dammit, has potential to return and I hope he does, who does what a decent villain does.

He kills Owen.

Ah, but sure inst there a bit of a weevil in Owen?

This show is getting better and better..........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

I hate Owen, I am happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He'll be back next week no doubt.

I thought this was a rather dull episode myself. Jack's constant praise of Martha and her responding grin was grating and the humans abusing aliens for their own gain subject was tackled only two weeks ago. This week's villain was also fairly wooden.

I saw this episode before the previous excellent episode and was disappointed. I'm sure I would have disliked it even more if I had "Adam" to compare it against.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

In the trailer thing you see Jack put on the glove thing from season 1 that can bring someone back to life... hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

In the trailer thing you see Jack put on the glove thing from season 1 that can bring someone back to life... hmmm....

Yeah if he put it one it'd keep killing him!
    "They Keep Killing Jack"
    And I feel sorry for Tosh...

The glove thing doesn't kill the person using it.

• Advertisement

In they keep killing suzie it sucked out Gwens lifeforce to bring Suzie back to life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

EmoMatt15 wrote: »
    Yeah if he put it one it'd keep killing him!
    "They Keep Killing Jack"
    And I feel sorry for Tosh...
    And yeah, unlikely to matter, seeing as Jack can't be killed

Exactly thts why I wrote that it would "Keep killing him"
    So Owen could live always!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. For and episode that introduces Martha and kills off a major character it was very weak. There should have been a lot more potential to come up with a better story to incorporate those two major plot points.

I reckon Owen's resurrection will have something to do with the "reset".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So far series 2 has been very impressive - they clearly learnt a lot from the first series; they obviously took onboard criticism that it was juvenile & crude. They certainly didn't do a whole lot with Martha, but I suspect the next couple of eps will sort that.

And I actually like Owen - he's a total gitsmith, but he has a good heart. Somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

I did like Martha and Gwen's comparison chat about Jack

And I totally agree; this series is MUCH better than the first (thank god!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I saw the first few secs of next week's preview and it's the team around Owen on a slab and they're about to do something it seems. I wasn't quick enough to stop it before seeing that much but it looks like they'll resurrect him somehow.

It says on Wikipedia that Martha finds something not quite right in owen's body...

EmoMatt: If you're talking about upcoming episodes you should use spoiler tags.

Sorry new here and didnt know how...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Macros42 wrote: »
    EmoMatt: If you're talking about upcoming episodes you should use spoiler tags.

Not needed in a thread headed MASSIVE SPOILERS.

EmoMatt, before you type stuff which is a spoiler type at the start and end of the text you want to hide the end

I'd actually say it is pope. The massive spoilers are for 2x06. I purposely never watch the trailers for shows cos I don't want any advance knowledge. Talking about 2x07 is advance knowledge that I don't want. That's also why I used the spoiler tag cos I saw some of the trailer inadvertently.

It was an honest error from EmoMatt - I was only trying to be helpful. Besides it's on tonight anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Macros42 wrote: »
    I'd actually say it is pope. The massive spoilers are for 2x06. I purposely never watch the trailers for shows cos I don't want any advance knowledge. Talking about 2x07 is advance knowledge that I don't want. That's also why I used the spoiler tag cos I saw some of the trailer inadvertently.

It was an honest error from EmoMatt - I was only trying to be helpful. Besides it's on tonight anyway :)

ah right, fair enough, EmoMatt deleted his post in such a fashion which meant i couldn't see it even with the power of mod, so I assumed he was talking about the threaded ep. Then again, it raises the profound question - is the little trailer at the end of an ep covered as being part of the ep we're talking about or not?

We could write a paper on that.

I missed 2X07 because i was watching Season 2 of Lost all night, and never looked at my watch..... bugger....

He didn't delete it - it's in white on a white background :D

Missed it myself. Have it ... ummm recorded to watch tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

ok so on bbc2 last night was the iftas, no torchwood there, but i did see it was on bbc3 at 10pm, switched over and it wasnt the episode reset but was what was supposed to be next wednesdays episode, the one after owen is supposedly killed now

1) bbc3 meant to show reset and cocked up the episode order

2) i went into a time warp and came out a week next wednesday

3) bbc3 are showing torchwood way ahead of bbc1

4) or there was 2 episodes of torchwood last wednesday

could anyone clear this up as im confused

shin

The new episodes are now premiering on BBC3 at 10pm instead of BBC2 at 9PM. The episode is then reshown on BBC2 the next week.

"Reset" was shown at 9PM on BBC2 in all regions except for Northern Ireland (the region we get on NTL etc. down here) because of those IFTA awards. Next week we should be gettng two episodes on Wednesday night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No new thread for Wednesday's episode?

Advertisement