Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Updates Wifi Problem

• 16-02-2008 1:40am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've installed 10 Vista and related MS updates in the last 2 days, but one continues to fail over and over again, and I suspect that it is the reason why my wifi no longer works. The update that continues to fail is:

Intel-Networking-Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Does anyone have suggestions on how this can be corrected so that the update installs, and if this might be the reason why I no longer have wifi?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

The system fails to update the driver as the files are in use when it's updating.

So you'll need to download the update. Disable the wireless card in windows. Then apply/install the update.

Either that or get the latest driver from intel site and that will no doubt ask you to reboot, which will allow it to overwrite the files which would normally be in use.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

can't say I've had problems updating the network card with windows up date before, it downloads first then installs

don't have vista in front of me so this might not apply
    in device manager you should have an option to roll back / update the device driver for the card

a wired connection if possible would allow you to try the update again - but I don't think that's the problem

if all else fails there is system restore

( if firefox works then it's the DNS that's upset )

Advertisement