Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watercooling setup. need some quick info

Options
  • 16-02-2008 3:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

does this watercooling seyup look ok?

XSPC Bay Reservoir (Black)
    Black Ice GT Stealth II
    D-TEK FuZion CPU Block
    EK 1/2" ID fitting G3/8"
    Swiftech 3.8" Sleeved Norprene Tubing 2 x 2 ft
    EK-FC88GT 8800GT/GTS G92 - Acrylic

ive already got a liang d5 pump im going to use.

few questions.

how many barbs will i need?

im planning on cooling the cpu and my 8800gt.
    hopefully leaving room to add another 8800gt down the line.

suggestions?

comes to about £147.70 not including the tubing @ 6.99 and delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

get rid of the stealth and go for a tripple swiftech rad, or if you want best performnce and more headroom for the years ahead go for a thermochill pa 120.3

try getting Masterkleer 7/16" ID tubing as its the best budget tubing you can get,

the bay res seems fine why not go for a ek res tho ,there very nice.

get the nozzle kit for the d-teck fuzion(better performence)

you will need you will need 10 barbs in totoal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

tripple rad it is so. just need to be careful of the space.
    i want it all inside.

i prefer the bay res as it leaves room to put another in there for a dual loop when i add the new gpu etc.

10 barbs! jees 3 pounds a piece!

excellent stuff so ill see what i can afford :p

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

get rid of that bay res i had it and it annoyed the crap out of me its useless get an ek one

is it really that bad?

i don't know what annoyed me the most about it. it leaked on me twice, when i got the first one i was tightening the barbs and it cracked, there was always huge amounts of condensation, also remember to considering refilling when buying a res. It has a tiny little screw cap for filling it and its awkward to deal with. Its not good with the whole pressure/heat build up, after an large overclock and a 24 hour orthos session i came back and somehow water had leaked out of the fillcap even though it was screwed on tight.

Honestly, it just felt flimsy as if it could break and I think you should go for an EK multi-option res and make refilling easier. If you want to try it for a while and see how you get on PM me cause i have it still. let me know:)

• Advertisement

i think ill take your advise. the last thing i want is condensation and leaking in it.
    hoping to make a solid build that wont need little to none maintanance.

i think ill take your advise. the last thing i want is condensation and leaking in it.
    hoping to make a solid build that wont need little to none maintanance.

yeah just take the advice of awhir. Its really one of those things that you shouldn't skimp on. Getting tygon tubing and stuff like feser one coolant are good things to get and even though they cost extra they're worth it. If you are going to be tubing in tight angles you could consider getting anti kink coils but you don't need metres of it just enough for the bends that you might think will kink.

I'll give you one piece of advice given you're like all of us and want to upgrade your system whenever something new comes out, don't bother water cooling your gpu. It'll cost you a fair bit for a block and then if you change the graphics card which is becoming a yearly thing for most of us it becomes useless and also you have to change your loop.

I currently have 3 blocks sitting idle that i can't shift from previous setups that aren't compatible with newer ones. just get a quiet air one and you'll save yourself the hassle and alot of maintenance.

Last note get the plastic clips cause the metal ones can be hard to tighten in awkward parts of your setup. good luck and if you have any issues PM me

for now ive decided to buy papu's wc setup.
    im gonna expand it a bit and see what i need etc.

dont wanna spend a fortune on it as the performance isnt worth 400 euro but i think the look of it is worth a bit :)

for now ive decided to buy papu's wc setup.
    im gonna expand it a bit and see what i need etc.

dont wanna spend a fortune on it as the performance isnt worth 400 euro but i think the look of it is worth a bit :)

what are the components in the setup?

Advertisement