Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights

Options
  • 16-02-2008 4:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi,

This is so silly, but me and a few friends were having a few drinks tonight and while some of the girls were out smoking they saw these orange dots in the sky, going up into the sky, one after another. I know they weren't planes, we live in Swords, well used to seeing them in the sky!! We thought they might be flares, but weren't sure. Anyone else in the Swords area notice them? Shoulod I be calling Mulder and Scully?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 K_2008

Hi there

I saw the lights too just after 10pm walking to swords main st. I counted 7 bright orange lights at one stage. Someone told me they were US missiles trying to take out the satellite which has gone out of control but I read in the news that this was not going to happen until Wednesday at the earliest. They were bright orange and definitely not planes.
    I would be very interested to find out what they were for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dilemma

Ahhh.... i'm so glad someone else saw them! Yeah it was around that time too! Nice to hear some sorta explanation, thanks!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Helicopters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There is an Aer Corps base in Gormanstown. Testing their anti-aircraft guns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 K_2008

No problem dilemma!

Jdivision they definitely weren't helicopters. The missile theory seems the most likely as that is what they looked like (bright orange lights with a trail moving upwards etc)

Seems to be no mention of it in the news which seems strange...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

More sightings here.

Advertisement