Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rage Against The Machine European Tour

• 16-02-2008 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

rage against machine are going on european tour this summer! they have been confirmed to play T in the park, (the sister festival of the one we are not alllowed to mention) so more then likely rage will be playing there this year!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Might aswell say this early.

1) This is gonna be locked
    2) How the hell is that(that they'll play a festival and not their own show) good?

Anyway, I'm going to see them in Pinkpop. Would prefer their own show anywhere, but hey, with QOTSA before them, I'll be in the mood for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Mushy wrote: »
    How the hell is that(that they'll play a festival and not their own show) good?

they are just doin festival tours! and lets be honest, its rage....so its better than nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

If they play Reading/Leeds like has been rumored, they might play a reading Ireland type gig here like Metallica/Iron maiden have done in the past?

they are just doin festival tours! and lets be honest, its rage....so its better than nothing!

They doing some of their own shows. Belgium, France, Germany.

Mushy wrote: »
    They doing some of their own shows. Belgium, France, Germany.

isnt germany just part of the rock AM ring festival?

• Advertisement

Nope, they playing Berlin a day or two after. Recently announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

Theyre going to play that festival that we're not allowed talk about. They've already confirmed a headline spot for T in the Park and since thats practically always the same festival as the festival that shall not be named I think we can make an asumption that they will play in Ireland at this event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

could someone please PM me the festival that must not be named?

1408 wrote: »
    Theyre going to play that festival that we're not allowed talk about..

i cant wait!!! this is gonna be savage, I AM THERE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

this may be a pre confirmation confirmation, but
    http://www.kaiserchiefs.co.uk/index.php?id=528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lol. Kaiser Chiefs were told to take down "We're playing before Rage on the main stage".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Lol, Rage will be class live, hopefully!

FunkZ wrote: »
    Lol, Rage will be class live, hopefully!

theres no hopefully about it, rage WILL be amazing live, they always have been and they always will be, i cannot wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

everyone seems to be getting really excited to see RATM live, and expectations are getting pretty high.......hope people aren't hyping them too much, I'm pretty sure they improved a lot over the years but they used to be pretty poor live with very weak vocals..........(can feel the flames.....)

people should just remember not to get over excited before seeing bands, usually leads to disappointment.....

NIBBS wrote: »
    everyone seems to be getting really excited to see RATM live, and expectations are getting pretty high.......hope people aren't hyping them too much, I'm pretty sure they improved a lot over the years but they used to be pretty poor live with very weak vocals..........(can feel the flames.....)

people should just remember not to get over excited before seeing bands, usually leads to disappointment.....

i know two people who saw them recently, one in coachella and one in san fran and they both said RATM were unreal live, they both said it as one of the greatest shows ever!

that's cool, and I hope they are great.......I just try not to hype gigs in my head anymore - most enjoyable gigs I've been to in recent years were ones I went to not expecting too much.....I'll shut up now........:p

would be nice if they did a solo date here, or if there was another Download type thing going on......

NIBBS wrote: »
    would be nice if they did a solo date here, or if there was another Download type thing going on......

ill take anything tbh, if its solo or the gig that shall not be mentioned (which it pretty much is) im just happy that we will get to see rage!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,893 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great news for all Irish fans. Whether it's a festival or a gig of their own people should just be grateful for the opportunity to see them!

I saw them three weeks ago at a festival and it was the best gig I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

Best band I have ever and probably will ever see live. Duno what Nibbs meant about weak vocals live or poor performances in the past cos every gig I've ever heard has been amazing and I've heard about a 100 bootlegs spanning their whole career. every one show is brilliant.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Best band I have ever and probably will ever see live. Duno what Nibbs meant about weak vocals live or poor performances in the past cos every gig I've ever heard has been amazing and I've heard about a 100 bootlegs spanning their whole career. every one show is brilliant.

+1

tivoli in ~1993 was a stormer, best gig i have ever been too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

copacetic wrote: »
    +1

tivoli in ~1993 was a stormer, best gig i have ever been too..

+2:D

that was a savage gig,truly one of the best gigs i've ever been too. there was an electricity in the air that night,un-real atmosphere. the tivoli was a brilliant venue:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wheres the tivoli?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Rage just confirmed the unmentionable festival. It came on the unmentionable website a few mins ago (Mods delete if innapropriate)

was just going on what I'd been told, wasn't really having a go at them - just don't like seeing people go too over the top about gigs - would definitely prefer to see them do a headline gig though......

c - 13 wrote: »
    Rage just confirmed the unmentionable festival.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

is anyone going to see them in belgium, paris or madrid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

was thinkin madrid or paris but not finished college til mid june now :( probably go to Portugal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I would love to see rage live but i have no interest in goin to the unmentionable festival, its pure cack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RINO87

I would love to see rage live but i have no interest in goin to the unmentionable festival, its pure cack

agreed, just tons of kids there for killing in the name of.

......but id never stop kicking myself if i missed them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Abaddon

Don't sweat it Nibbs, RATM can't be over-hyped. They simply are the greatest live act on the planet. I'm almost always disappointed by live acts, especially in the past five years or so, but Rage never fail to disappoint. Seen 'em three times now... Take you about three days to get over it though! lol!

Advertisement