Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've just realised

Options
  • 16-02-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

After writing my story for Boards.ie, Ive just realised:

I never came out as gay online.

Well, Suppose thats it really.:D Sorry for the pointless post this may seem, but thought I should tell ye anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ok, gona post my story. Feel Boardsies should know.

Well, I'm 19 now, and it was about 5 years ago when I started noticing I was gay. Didn't want it to be for a good while, but deep down I knew I was.

I didn't tell anyone, mainly because I didn't want to confirm it. I decided just as I began 3rd year in secondary school to deal with it, and just before Christmas I told my best mate. He was super about it, and I felt a great deal of support from him.

I then told his then-girlfriend (He Is straight, FYI) and she blabbed about me and I fell out with her for a long time.

That incident put me off for such a long time. I then decided to keep it quiet for such a long time. It was because I didn't want my family finding out through idle gossip. So, for 3 years I didn't tell anyone directly, except my old English Teacher through an essay in which I portayed a family argument between a son and his parents with regards his "lifestyle".

I then left secondary school, deciding not t tell anyone until I was safely in college. However, ended up going to Maynooth, didn't get Galway which would've been super. But anyways, I joined Maynooth's GLB society, was elected onto the committee for 1st year rep and when I came home that weekend I suddenly told my mum, and only 5 hours before I came home I hadn't even thought about telling her.

Lucky for me, she was so cool about it all. She even told my family for me, and only my brother has found difficulty with it but everyone else is cool.

And now, got a good circle of friends in college. Still single though, haven't had the oppurtunity since coming out to go dating or pulling, so hopefully I'll have a fella by the end of the year. And if not, there's always next year:rolleyes:

Anyway, just felt I needed to type this. Hope everyone enjoyed reading this. If not, well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

*hugs* Good for you. There's no feeling in the world better than finally accepting yourself as who you are, though having loved ones accept it too is pretty close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

fozzle wrote: »
    *hugs* Good for you. There's no feeling in the world better than finally accepting yourself as who you are, though having loved ones accept it too is pretty close.

WoW vomit inducing, can i ask how is that constructive? Just so i can practise...

ah i'm only playin wit ya;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Ok, gona post my story. Feel Boardsies should know.

nice one :) Bet it's a huge relief that you can just be yourself. Good luck with the whole gay thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭markw999

Well done you.

I love happy coming out stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

markw999 wrote: »
    Well done you.

I love happy coming out stories!

Advertisement