Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording midi to audio track problem

Options
  • 16-02-2008 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Im unable record midi tracks to an audio track in Sonar 5. The audio track is set up to record midi, the input is set to stereo m audio In L Delta AP [1] but nothing is coming through. I've checked the mixing desk settings and everything seems ok. The midi devices are set up correctly too, I think:

input -trust expert to output- trust expert

and

input delta ap midi to output delta ap midi.

How do I fix this problem so I can get a signal from the midi tracks on the audio track in order to record them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I'm finding it difficult to understand your signal path.
    The audio track is set up to record midi.
    This doesn't really make sense to me.

Are recording from an external synth/ sound module? Is the midi data also coming from the external module, or from a midi track in Sonar?

A bit more info, and we should be able to get you running - I'm on Sonar 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

squibs wrote: »
    I'm finding it difficult to understand your signal path.

This doesn't really make sense to me.

Are recording from an external synth/ sound module? Is the midi data also coming from the external module, or from a midi track in Sonar?

A bit more info, and we should be able to get you running - I'm on Sonar 6.

The data is coming from midi tracks in Sonar. No external synths either, just midi tracks with the list of instruments you can use with the sound card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I don't use Sonar so I'm having a hard time visualising what you're trying to do. But it sound like you might have things a bit arseways. Firstly, what MIDI hardware are you using? I take it you have an m-audio Delta soundcard. Do you have a MIDI keyboard hooked up to this? Or are you working off a MIDI file or MIDI on a piano roll?

Secondly, its not possible to "record" MIDI directly to an audio track. Your MIDI signal needs to be sent to a software synth where the signals are converted to audio and you can record it from there.

A bit more info and we'll get you sorted. Maybe if you could take a screenshot and post it up that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

fixed it, 2 of the knobs on the aux send were turned down! for shame. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement