Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Calling all new CRV owners

Options
  • 16-02-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a 2007 Diesel CRV in July when the VRT comes down.

Can you tell me what to look for, I will be importing a second hand one from the UK, and wondering if there is any variants, trims etc that are sought after or to be avoided.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

As far as I know the EX is top spec,ES is lower spec,with SE being lowest,check out www.honda.co.uk/car ,click "choose a car",then "build your CR-V,this will show you the pricing and spec on each model,ther's a few of them on www.usedcarsni.com. I was thinking of buying one a few months ago.Best of luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Honda.co.uk. Go for as high a spec as you can afford. The Brits are fond of their leather and satnav, so it shouldn't be a problem finding onr. Go for black or other dark colour, which contrasts well with the chrome trim.

Nothing mechanically to look out for afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

zod wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a 2007 Diesel CRV in July when the VRT comes down.

Can you tell me what to look for, I will be importing a second hand one from the UK, and wondering if there is any variants, trims etc that are sought after or to be avoided.

thanks in advance

Not to be smart, but your question is too vague. The trim levels and variants are available on Honda's websites.

The range topper is the EX-T. That's basically all the whistles with trailer control and lane assist, etc, etc. Would be expensive though. The 2.2 diesel will probably have the best overall performance as the 2 litre is a but sluggish with the absence of lower torque.

Advertisement