Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

97 passat 200k miles!!

Options
  • 16-02-2008 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

do u think its worth to buy a 97 passat tdi with 200k miles for €1200?? even if it is well maintained?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Yep, so long as it has been maintained. Does it have a service history? Is it a diesel? It is, just saw I overlooked it there. Are they motorway miles. €1200 is not a bad price for a 97 passat. Bring a mechanic to have a look at it to be sure and check it out on cartell.ie. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joy123

so far i know it has to be timing belt done within 10000, and it doesn't come with service history. and body alright but the entrior has some ripe and he said it doesn't has any major probem. problem will be to check the car, because i m from tuam and car is clare. how could i get help over their? it would be really good if some one volentairely help me to check :) dont spend to spend 150 to check for a car which worth only 1200, know what i mean!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

@ 1200 euro there's not alot at stake as you'd agree. I'd probably buy it if it was serviced well . You mmight even get it for a bit cheaper if your lucky. Is it boxy passat or the shape after that 1997 - 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joy123

@ 1200 euro there's not alot at stake as you'd agree. I'd probably buy it if it was serviced well . You mmight even get it for a bit cheaper if your lucky
    i wish but dont thinks so, it will be cheaper i might get him. ;)

Advertisement