Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bray driving instructor

Options
  • 16-02-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

A year or so ago I took lessons and learned to drive with an instructor and everything went fairly alright.

Sometimes though he would cancel a lesson because he was "sick", and later that day I'd be walking down the road and see him drive by with another student in the car during MY lesson times. Nice bloke, but I felt a bit put out by things like this.

So I'm looking to get some lessons as a kind of "refresher" before I go back to driving again and take my test, has anyone here had a good driving instructor in the Bray area? Someone friendly, tells you WHY you're looking in the mirror and not just to do it, that kinda stuff...

Heard about some Hibernian driving school thing which gets you money off your insurance, but google has no answers for me!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fizzy86

I'v been taking lessons with Hibernian for last few months. The deal was that I buy 10 lessons (for 350 i think) and got 6 months free insurance on car. My parents were already insured with Hibernian tho so think that was the offer...
    Was really happy with my instructer, he's covered pretty much everything that comes up in the test in my lessons so I have no complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i'd be a bit wary, my friend went to an instructor in bray, can't remember who though, but when she went for her test, she was failed for things her instructor had instructed her to do, and the tester said that he'd had a good few from bray who made the same mistakes, so just make sure the person you go to comes well reccommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Interesting replies, thanks for the heads up kateos2!

Fizzy86, are you based in Bray if you don't mind me asking and how did you get in contact with the school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fizzy86

I'm in Stillorgan but i'd say they cover bray too. My test is coming up in Dun Laoghaire so I have my lessons around there and deansgrange. Their phone number is 1890 40 50 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Ah crap, just rang them and they said they operate "all over Ireland" except Wicklow! Ha, just my luck :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement