Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has the internet ruined wrestling for you?

• 16-02-2008 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

For me it almost definitly has, there is no longer that mystice with it. I know exactly what goes on in terms of backstage and results, so it leaves nothing to the imagination which is what its all about.

I know people will say just ignore wrestling sites, but i know im not the only one who finds them sort of addictive. For instance the Chris Jericho's return was totally spoiled for nearly everyone with the internet, and then people complain "WWE is too predictable".

Im just looking for peoples views on the internet and wrestling, is it a good or bad thing for you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

nope i found out it was fake on my own. :p

tbh the internet didn't make you look more deeply into what happens behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nope, not at all. It's done far more good for me, making me more aware of wrestlers, matches and promotions that I'd have no clue about otherwise

I don't think Jericho's return was ruined by the internet. As soon as I saw that video the first time I thought of Jericho, as did many other people. They didn't need the internet to figure that one out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Without the internet how on earth did you figure out it was Jericho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I can see what you mean and in some ways it has but I think WWE should work harder to keep things under wraps. A good example is the return of Cena was kept very well and was a big (and pleasant) surprise. No doubt the internet has ruined things in some ways but its now up to WWE to protect its storylines more preciously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

It was just the first thing that popped into my head. The rumours about it being Jericho were all over the internet before any of the newsletters or sites had actually reported about it, meaning that many fans just thought it was Jericho by just watching the video

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Its made me like wrestling more if anything. Like Fozzy said, its made me more aware of more promotions that just WW or TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

R.Rated wrote: »

Im just looking for peoples views on the internet and wrestling, is it a good or bad thing for you?

It's good for me. There's a good chance I would have long since given up on wrestling without the net.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would have given up on wrestling a long, long time ago without the net.

I've learned alot about it and there just isnt the amount of info available in the real world that there is on the net.

It's hard to find books which aren't markular in some way, but a bit of work will result in a few websites (although alot are gone these days.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

It's good for me. There's a good chance I would have long since given up on wrestling without the net.

I agree.The internet has introduced me to wrestling promotions other than WWE.When WWE were having crap shows on a weekly basis a few years ago,I would have stopped watching wrestling altogether if i hadn't known that wrestling promotions which do put on good shows did exist.
    Als,i've always found it interesting to hear about what goes on behind the scenes aswell as what goes on in the ring.Having the internet allows me to do exactly that.Im not talking about spoilers but rather the backstage news and politics which I would never hear about if the internet wasnt around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would have given up as well, keeping in touch with the other promotions out there as they wouldn't be shown on any channels I had already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I too sometimes wish that I was internet free, its very hard to surprise me these days. However I wouldn't have found out about Puro without the net and probably by extension, wouldn't still have any interest in wrestling and for that I'm very grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Nope not at all, it's opened me up to more promotions and allowed me to view them. Plus, things can still be kept a secret in wrestling, people just need to try. A prime example would be Kurt's TNA announcement, nobody thought he'd return to pro wrestling so quickly and with the whole news of him talking to MMA promotions and being more interested in that, it was a huge shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Without the Internet I would definitely have stopped watching around 2002. I was working out storylines easily in 2001 before I had the net. I don't look at it much anymore and my enjoyment hasnt improved and I only occasionally watch Raw/Smackdown/Impact. If you are interested a storyline you're going to want to know more about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm the same, if I didn't check wrestling on the internet I would have stopped watching it years ago. It gives a broader view of it and especially when everyone can find out about more than just one or two different wrestling promotions. Plus it is great to be able to discuss it with people online aswell, especially if your friends aren't interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I like the internet sites they make it more interesting even if there wrong sometimes they give you an idea of the future.

Advertisement