Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new stabbing in sligo

Options
  • 16-02-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

heard this on the radio earlier, no further info so far
    Man stabbed in Co Sligo assault

Saturday, 16 February 2008 11:55

A 22-year-old man has been stabbed during an assault in Co Sligo last night.

The incident occurred at Rusheen Ard, Caltragh.

The victim was found lying in the driveway of a house at Rusheen Ard. Gardaí were alerted to the call by ambulance control.

21-year-old man has been arrested and is in custody in Sligo Garda Station under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0216/sligo.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

TBH it seems to be hit and miss whether stabbings and assaults are reported or not around Sligo. The story may get coverage, or you may not hear of it again unless a paragraph appears in the court pages in a year's time (that's if anyone is charged).
    I witnessed one on Teeling Street last year. A guy was stabbed in the back. There was a lot of blood. The bouncers spotted it happening and came to the victims assistance and called him an ambulance. I think the perpatrator was arrested, but I never heard the incident mentioned on the radio or papers. I was just passing down the far side of the street. I was amazed at the blasé attitude people had to the whole thing.
    The town seems to have deteriorated recently, in terms of violent crime. The last six months especially, have seen a nasty change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Advertisement