Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hypothetical Q on importing from UK after July

Options
  • 16-02-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Have been through revenue.ie, stickies and varying threads but not sure if I can get answer so thought I will pose the question.

Currently if you live in UK and own a car for 6 months, then move back to Ireland (and are staying for 12 months) you can register your car and get Irish plates free of VRT.

What happens after July 1st - will they still get an exemption on VRT/ Emissions Tax and what level of road tax will they pay? i.e. will they avoid new type of VRT (under original rule) but still have to pay new road tax rates or do the exemptions get extended and they avoid VRT and pay tax under old rates. Worse.... will all exemptions go and they have to pay VRT and new tax rate! :confused:

Anyone able to give full answer?

Thanks
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

TOR (Transfer of Residence) rules are not changing.

Any car registered from July on will qualify for new road tax rates.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement