Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ActionPak Kinsale

• 16-02-2008 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Has anybody went paintballing there? What did you think of it? Would you recommend it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Havent been there myself(i`m an airsoft kind of guy) but alot of my friends have they all said it was brilliant and all recommended it. Hope that helps.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I was there a few years back when they had the pump action markers. Dont worry, there semi auto now :)

The land is brilliant and the lads are very friendly.

BEWARE THE CAPTURE THE HILL GAME.

Hint: Attack the left side, its the paintballers blind spot and everyone in that game concentrates on the centre. :D (Thanks ozzie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Ive never went paintballing before. My friends who have went several times have said that it hurts like ****. Of course I know they hurt but like what would you compare the pain to? A pinch in the arm lol:D? I just dont know!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

it dont hurt as much as people say it does actually., well, unless its really close or something.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

vtec wrote: »
    it dont hurt as much as people say it does actually., well, unless its really close or something.,

Depends on how each site maintains its markers as well. I've been to a few sites where I've walked away with sod all bruising, and then gone to another side where I've come away with horrendous bruising on account of their markers giving out a (imo stupidly) high power output. Point blank is always going to smart though, no two ways around that one.

These are all woodsball sites I should add, not speedball arenas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I do always forget this is airsoft and paintball :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Lemming wrote: »
    Depends on how each site maintains its markers as well.

Not entirely true. Site markers are usually tippmann 98's, which are virtually indestructible, maintenance required is very little. The so called power out put is just the velocity of the marker which is adjustable via a small bolt, set by an allen key. Generally, the higher the velocity the greater the change of bruising.

Also the paint quality affects it. Paint that is of a thicker shell can 'bounce' of players. This is sored as all the energy is transfered to your skin rather than some being absorbed by the paintball and breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

also depends on how mutch c02 is in the marker. theres nothing more annoying than when they give you a empty one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Went with my school today. was great craic overall but I found that their markers are fairly dodgy. Pushed the safety switch to fire mode and it didnt shoot. I pushed it back and then pushed it again and it fired. I dont know was it me or the gun!:D I cant belive on my first game I shot all of my paintballs:D **** sake I had to buy more!:mad: The bolt that held the CO2 cannister in position was missing and I had to wait until the next game to get it fixed but sure that can always happen. The arenas were class.

rating: 7/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭ion c

good stuff JSK 252, any chance you could post up a more detail review on www.paintballer.ie, we haven't been to that site yet ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement