Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to prepare for English Paper 1?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

The Walsho wrote: »
    Very surprised to see this pop up in my control panel today. Two years ago this was!

...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

fufureida wrote: »
    ...?
    He was the opening poster for the thread. He posted it 2 years ago. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

How does a formal letter go again?

Is it your own address on the right,theirs on the left and the letter or am i raving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

why do you need a letter.
    For what bit do you need it for.
    Your address on the right, without your name
    The date goes below your address, on the right

Their address starts on the line after the date, goes on the left. If it's formal you go:
    Name
    Job title
    Address

If you don't know their name just put their job title and the address.

Start with Dear whoever. If it's a woman, unless you're sure they're married, you put Ms. whoever.
    If you don't know their name, you put dear sir/madam

For the finish, Yours sincerely if you know their name ('s' for 'some' clue who they are) Your faithfully if you don't know who they are ('f' for not a 'f*cking' clue :D)
    Then your signature here,
    Then your name (written normally) here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Yeah I Google Image searched one and there's loads of good examples people might like to check out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement