Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we create Ireland Offline II for broadband??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Hello - my name is John McElligott.

I would welcome the creation of a lobby group as discussed in this thread.

John

Welcome to our forum, we discuss lots of broadband things here:)
    Hopefully some of it is useful to you...

I'd imagine there there are many areas of common purpose between all the groups pushing to raise awareness of the sad state of broadband in the country.
    Most of us know where and how the issue came to pass and the reasons.

Now we need to focus on solutions...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ouroboros

I'd be interested in lending a hand and have signed up for the mailing list (though without intenet access at the moment I will be a little slow to respond), though Im just a mature CS student I do have a little experience of this sort of thing at least on a very local level having been involved several years ago in going door to door getting people's signatures and phone numbers to get a telephone exchange in the UK BB enabled.

Hope the debate went well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

watty wrote: »
    John,
    Some of us work for major ISPs, and indeed have been accused of partiality and bias here by some people.

That's because you attacked Digiweb's competition while talking bollox about Digiweb at the same time Watty. Still carrying that cross eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

It is great to see so many +ve reactions, illustrates that we are nowhere near out of the woods. The mailing list is at http://cgarvey.ie/mailman/listinfo/irelandoffline_cgarvey.ie with many thanks to the owner.... It is active and discussing tactics. Watch this space....

Bye, Barry

Advertisement