Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Adding a port?

• 16-02-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a HP Color Laserjet printer and I'm having problems using the "scan to folder" function.

I've gone to the HP website and I've found out that I need to have certain ports open.

When I do a netstat I should see:

0.0.0.0:5225 Listening
    0.0.0.0:5226 Listening
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5226 Established

However, there's no 5225 or 5226 when I do a netstat.

Anyone know how do I add ports 5225 and 5226!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Is the HP printer connected to a router/switch? If you've got a firewall on your machine you'll need to open these ports to allow communication. How you do this will vary on what firewall software you're using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

It's actually just a usb connection I'm using. I also have a wireless print server, the scanning wont work on that either.

All I'm getting is Scanning Error - Cannot Connect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

You can't add ports, they're there by default. If you can't access certain your probably blocking them through a firewall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm guessing that HP have software that you need installed to Open this port and listen on it. You probably don't have the software installed. Any other stuff on the CD that came with your printer?

If you've software installed then I would start looking on firewall side of things.

Advertisement