Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Criminal record and travel

• 16-02-2008 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I was in the process of booking flights etc for traveling to the states and also the carribean this summer when due to a very stupid drunken night i got arrested for trespassing (i staggered in to someones back garden, cops trying to say it was attempted burgulary) i have never been in trouble with the ploice before. I will be appearing in court in 2 weeks, but would like to get some advice quickly on the affects this will have for my plans, most of the plannig was done and has now ground to a halt, and i am panicking. As i have been arrested does this mean i will not be able to get a certificate of character from the gardai? (I may be requiring one for some of my travels) If i am not found guilty will this still be on my record and pose problems? If i am travelling to a country where i dont ordinarily need a visa will they check my criminal history? If i am travelling outside the eu on holidays is anything now different? Was looking at going to barbados with my girlfriend at the end of this summer. I know i may be asked to fill out a form detailing my history but if i did lie on this would it actually be checked? Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement