Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audiosurf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I was just about to start a thread about this :D

It's great little game, I've been playing it for the last couple of hours. The last few songs I've tried were very fast and heavy and it almost makes you dizzy trying to decide where to put the hundreds of blocks whizzing towards you. Hectic isn't the word for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They really need to make demos available of more games on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Best game iv played in a very long while

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

saw this in steam this morning. Think you guys have sold me on it.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Played the Beta, it was excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Stephen wrote: »
    They really need to make demos available of more games on Steam.

Yup, I've bought a lot of games on the strength of their demos (or pirate versions :D)

Played the demo of the aforementioned today, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I was playing with some proggy house, must try again with some dirty techno...

When you get to a really hectic bit, you just have to zen out and let your subconscious control the mouse.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its actually illegal to play anything other than Dragonforce on Audiosurf mkay?.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive just been playing it there, its good fun. The best bit about it is how the tracks are formed by the music, its excellent. Its a bit of a pity that the rest of the game isn't as polished. I don't really find the game play all that addictive.

Best songs I used were

-Lauren Garnier : Man with the red face
    -Digitalism : Pogo
    -Vitalic - Bells

Do yea use the mouse or the arrows to control the ship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I think the game is a great idea, it would be a lot better if you could go straight to the next song without waiting for it to check highscores etc. online

I think I'm addicted to this now. I've been playing it for about 3 hours :eek:

Plus I've found the most perfect song for the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tusky wrote: »
    Do yea use the mouse or the arrows to control the ship ?

Use the mouse myself, but apparently the 360 controller is supported so I'm gonna try with that now.
    Vitalic sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give some of his tunes a go...

tman wrote: »
    Use the mouse myself, but apparently the 360 controller is supported so I'm gonna try with that now.
    Vitalic sounds like a good idea, I'll have to give some of his tunes a go...

Vitalic - La Rock would be amazing. Its much easier to use the arrow keys than the mouse.

Peaches - F*ck the pain away is pretty good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Stephen wrote: »
    Peaches - F*ck the pain away is pretty good :D

God I hate that song, why do Soulwax always play it!?
    Wish I had a PC so I could play this and try some Thomas Bangalter!

Every time I hear it I think about the scene in Jackass 2 that featured it and it makes me laugh :D

The best stuff to use is prog rock/metal. The more time changes the better :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think I'm going to try it with some Brian Eno tracks to see what happens. I have a theory that it may halt or possibly even reverse the flow of time itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Apparently there's a demo of it up on steam now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There is. I played it and am mostly underwhelmed by the game. Apart from losing points there doesn't appear to be any particular reason to not just collect everything as it comes at you.

You don't die and the game doesn't end so unless you're just looking to put your name on the leaderboard it's a pretty pointless game albeit pretty and music filled.

Apart from losing points there doesn't appear to be any particular reason to not just collect everything as it comes at you.

Well I would have thought that was a fairly good reason to be honest! I know what you mean though, the gameplay isnt as addictive as it could be. The track design and look is great but the actually gameplay leaves a bit to be desired.

[edit] Queens of the stone age - Go with the flow. By FAR the hardest track Ive tried.

• Advertisement
Advertisement