Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice for the clueless??

Options
  • 16-02-2008 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all,

just a quick round up, im 23 years old, i left school when i was 16 to do a job i regret now and ended up doing factory work now, i wish to go to college next year and start all over again with new found enthusiasm, has anyone any advice for me? ive no leaving cert so how should i go about it? i read about a year long return to education coarse in WIT, do i need to do a carse like this before, or can i go staright into a full time coarse? any help will be really appreciated cos im clueless!

Comments

Hello!

Just to clarify things for you, if you wish to go back as a mature student then from now would be the perfect time to do so. The course you're looking to do might require you to have completed the leaving cert - you will probably have an interview by the department, so in the interview it might come up as a line of questions (although that doesn't mean it's a requirement, just that they'd be interested to know you ability despite not doing the LC). But it isn't always required, so you might have to do the one year pre-college course.

Might be worth flicking through one of the stickies at the top of the forum page for some basic information. But if there's anything more specific, please feel free to ask :)

Advertisement