Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with new 360

• 16-02-2008 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

i traded my pro for the elite last week and i noticed when playing all my games theres something like delayed pixels or screen flickering when theres movement in the game, i had no problems with my old xbox. (im playing it on an sd tv running at 60hz)

can anyone shed some light on this situation because i dont know whether its a faulty console or scart lead, i checked to see if the cables were loose but everythings slotted fine.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i was having some trouble with red lines going across the screen and the colour going funny at times in games like call of duty 4 , lego star wars and in pgr4 i had some strange pixel pattern when it started up ( i tried two lcd tv's and it was the same on both ).

i was thinking it was the elite but i have changed from using the component cable to the vga cable over the last few days and have not noticed it happen again .

still early days but i'm now leaning towards a faulty component cable for the cause of my trouble so you may have a faulty cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

My mate got a new one (premium) after xmas and there was some problem a bit like that. On Oblivion he said there was big yellow diamonds and stuff instead of walls etc. o he brought it back to Game and they changed it straight away and they let him keep his old hard drive too but didn't give him a new one.
    I'd bring it back if I were you.
    I'm not sure what video out cable you are using for it, presumably HDMI to SCART? Maybe this has something got to do with it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

probably wouldnt matter but if your using the scart maybe by mistake you flicked the selector where the output is to hdtv as opposed to just tv or whatever it says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

This was happening me, like when I be playing Forza 2, red lines would go across the screen, and then a week later, I got 1 red light in the bottom left quadrant, and error E74 on screen. It means the AV cable is fried or the GPU is gone. Im so pissed! AV cable's are 30€ anyways, and error E74 isnt covered in M$ warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

mayordenis wrote: »
    probably wouldnt matter but if your using the scart maybe by mistake you flicked the selector where the output is to hdtv as opposed to just tv or whatever it says.

sure it wouldnt work if i had it on HD!

do you fellas think i should get a replacement off gamestop?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

do you fellas think i should get a replacement off gamestop?

you only got it last week and it's happining to all your games
    so go back into them with it.

Advertisement