Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man what a 24 hours ive had!

Options
  • 16-02-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

I am now on my 3rd mobo in two months!

This morning my Abit IX38 was acting up when posting.I installed a new GPU card yesterday so figured I'd flash the old bios.

Man o man should I have not done that through windows!:D

dead as a dodo!

So today went out and got an Asus P5K-E (P35) until I try and convince Abit that it is not my fault!

could anyone suggest what excuse I might tell them to get away with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

it just stopped working... Thats the best one. Nice and simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

U sure it wont run if you change bios chip since it refused to work after a bios flash? You could try hotflash the bios. Email Abit, telling the story, asking for a new bios chip. Its common to corrupt a bios thru failed flashing, I asked DFI for a new bios chip before and they sent it without question, even told them i used a beta bios.......the engineer i was in touch with even asked me which bios i'd prefer on new chip, very helpful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

Yep just checking the Abit site and they have new chips for around 6 bucks or so.
    Will give them a buzz Monday.Its cheaper than having to send it back to them.And I luv this mobo.It talks to me:)

Email their support

sorted in two days!

never mind the numb nuts at Abit UK just add this company to your contacts list

http://www.motherboard-biosflash.co.uk/

ask for Mr Wilson.
    BRILLIANT!

• Advertisement

much?

posted a new chip for €21.;)
    flashed with the latest bios aswell.

I should add that the bios re-programming from Abit was free BUT they wanted a self addressed stamped envelope.
    Said to your man where was I gonna get UK stamps in Ireland?
    Then he suggested using Ebay and I told him off.

I think an irish stamp would do IIRC, all postal services have an obligation to each other to carry post once postage is paid in one country

Advertisement