Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Saturday, Sky Sports

• 16-02-2008 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Tell you what, when you cant watch a match on a Satuday this is classic viewing! The lads are hilarious, always having a laugh and apparently they always try to make who ever is on-camera laugh (see Jeff Stelling below)... Love the reactions, Jeff Stelling is constantly brilliant and Chris Kamara is just hilarious:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

yup agree totally, only down side is Phil Thompson imo :mad: still it was funny seeing him today,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Jeff Stelling FTW...what a presenter that guy is...absolutely perfect for that show. He really comes in to his own when the final scores are flooding in...just watch him go:D

Nunu wrote: »
    Jeff Stelling FTW...what a presenter that guy is...absolutely perfect for that show. He really comes in to his own when the final scores are flooding in...just watch him go:D

especially if Hartlepool score :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Heres a more recent compilation off their 2007 review show...

"fighting like beavers" lol

Did anyone see a few weeks back when they were talking about fans standing up at games and Le tissier was saying its because it's impossible to sing/cheer sitting down. Stelling was arguing the point that it wasn't and then out of the blue he let out a scream at the top of his voice, with arms aloft, shouting - 'COME ON!!!'...he then calmly relaxed back into his seat and said - 'there, see it's not impossible'....LEGEND:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

agreed best show on the tv, have turned off **** setanta games to watch socccer saturday.

bet someone hates it , theres always one :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote: »
    agreed best show on the tv, have turned off **** setanta games to watch socccer saturday.

bet someone hates it , theres always one :D

kdjac

I fúcking hate the show

NOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

DesF wrote: »
    I fúcking hate the show

NOT

i ****ing hate looking at a brand new set of jersies under my desk.

true

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote: »
    i ****ing hate looking at a brand new set of jersies under my desk.

true

kdjac
    PM the address will you, I'll get it picked up monday.

Sorry, it kinda slipped my mind last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    yup agree totally, only down side is Phil Thompson imo :mad:
    Charlie Nicholas is much, much worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I <3 Jeff Stelling :D

It was great in the FA Cup in the last round when H&W went 1-0 up against Liverpool and Le Tissier was just pointing at Phil Thompson and shouting "Get a camera on that man!"

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Fair Play Archimedes, I had forgotten I had put that clip up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ Yes... that's right. Wooooooo!!!! \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEZ8Yz8CLb8

Their reaction to Liverpool/Barnsley today. Absolutely hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Geoff has had some eh, suspect hairdos over the years :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

deise59 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEZ8Yz8CLb8

Their reaction to Liverpool/Barnsley today. Absolutely hilarious

Thats one of the greatest things I've ever seen, Le Tiss should be put on every Liverpool game from now on. Against Havant and Waterlooville he was giving it absolute socks, asking the cameraman to show Phil Thompsons face when the underdogs scored. Other than Dunphy and co. it's the best soccer coverage you could ever ask for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The panel is almost perfect. Although I'de drop Le Tiss for Kenny Cunningham on a free from RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I love Le Tiss, I love him even more when he's watching Southampton, he doesn't care that he's a pundit, he's just having a chat about football with his mates :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

PHB wrote: »
    I love Le Tiss, I love him even more when he's watching Southampton, he doesn't care that he's a pundit, he's just having a chat about football with his mates :)

Kenny Cunningham is shockingly bad, stares into the camera as if he's straring into the abyss.

Haven't seen him on lately, but when Gordon McQueen was on, I always thought he was a weak link. Came across as if he'd just had a lobotomy.

Pity aul Rodney Marsh got the booth from Sky. By far the most entertaining pundit going, and that includes Dunphy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

The panel is good apart from smackhead Merson, and Thompson.

zAbbo wrote: »
    The panel is good apart from smackhead Merson, and Thompson.

:mad: The Merse is a legend imo and is actually quite good on Soccer Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

There's nothing legendary about consistently pissing away your money and talent, and having to return home to live with your Mum & Dad (in the same house, he didn't even buy them a new place when he was loaded)

Useless smackhead.

[edit] Banned - Psi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Top show

My favourite bits this season have been Phil Thompson just before Villa's late equaliser against Chelsea, Liverpools fa cup campaign and Kamara trying to describe David Healys disallowed goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

There's nothing legendary about consistently pissing away your money and talent, and having to return home to live with your Mum & Dad (in the same house, he didn't even buy them a new place when he was loaded)

Useless smackhead.

Harsh comments. I have nothing against Merson, not necessarily fond of the life he has lived but he's damn entertaining on Soccer Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Nothing against Merse's lifestyle... well I wouldn't exactly applaude him for it but I don't really care. He's a crap pundit though, he just comes across as being so unbelievably stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Useless smackhead.

He was a great player for Arsenal. Yes he had a number of problems which he had the courage to eventually face up to. :mad: I'll leave it at that because if I say anything else to you I will probably end up with a ban

Kenny Cunningham is shockingly bad, stares into the camera as if he's straring into the abyss.

Has anybody else noticed that deliberate menacing sniff through his nose he always does to finish off a piece of analysis?:confused:...it's feckin hilarious:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Nunu wrote: »
    Has anybody else noticed that deliberate menacing sniff through his nose he always does to finish off a piece of analysis?:confused:...it's feckin hilarious:D

I hadn't but I somehow think I will from now on...

"Kenny Cunningham is a possibly-so merchant"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

GEOFF is a ledgend long live geoff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

stick-dan wrote: »
    GEOFF is a ledgend long live geoff!

Who's this 'Geoff' you speak of? I'm more of a 'Jeff' fan myself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

haha sorry i meant jeff lol :O my bad!

Advertisement