Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porcupine Tree

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lads, Porcupine Tree doing a European Tour in October...what are the chances of an Irish date? Would love to see them over here!

http://www.porcupinetree.com/news.cfm#1550

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Apparently they played here before to a disappointing turn out, so I'm not sure they're too keen on coming back.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

No , there wasn't many at their last gig here which was disappointing, was talking to a Kiwi friend who seen them last week in Auckland and said they were excellent!! Fingers crossed they might give us a second chance!:rolleyes:

P.S - From the earlier posts, I'd like to give a thumbs up to Marbles, thought it was great!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=61819211

Here ya go guys...look for the thing "Bring PT to Dublin" petiton and sign up. I'd love to see it happen anyway. What happened last time? I'd drag people this time anyway, if it wasnt too expensive. All I know is, its less than a motnh till I see them:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

168 signed up, lets get it upto a 1000 by the end of the week!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Gridlock wrote: »
    168 signed up, lets get it upto a 1000 by the end of the week!!:D
    Not bad going, it was about 9 when i signed it.

Got a phone call today, from a mate in the UK, he got me a ticket for porcupine Tree in october in London, same mate got me a Led Zeppelin ticket last year.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Have any of you heard another of Steve Wilson's side projects called I.E.M. (Incredible Expanding Mindfcuk) in which he plays all instruments himself? This is a more experimental, psychedelic/space rock sort of thing and not really in the vein of Porcupine Tree but well worth a listen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

galwayrush wrote: »
    Got a phone call today, from a mate in the UK, he got me a ticket for porcupine Tree in october in London, same mate got me a Led Zeppelin ticket last year.:cool:

Lucky hoor.
    I am heading over to London that weekend and am trying to source tickets. Scandalous prices on ebay at the mo:eek:

Nea wrote: »
    Lucky hoor.
    I am heading over to London that weekend and am trying to source tickets. Scandalous prices on ebay at the mo:eek:

I know a few people from the UK through the Rush fan club going to the gig, i'll ask around if there's any spare tickets available.:cool:PM if i find anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Think I'm lucky to have seen Porcupine Tree twice before. They're truly exceptional live, that's for sure. ;)

Think I'm lucky to have seen Porcupine Tree twice before. They're truly exceptional live, that's for sure. ;)

This will be my first time, should be an excellent night.:cool:
    Imagine if we got them to play Galway Art's Fest next year:eek: It will never happen.

YAY, Looks like I will be going.
    A big bualadh bos to galwayrush.
    Excited like a child!!!

YAY, Looks like I will be going.
    A big bualadh bos to galwayrush.
    Excited like a child!!!
    Cheers :)

:cool: It'll be a fantastic Gig.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Lucky you. Would love to see them live.

Wow what a great gig.
    Dont think I have ever got goosebumps as much at the one gig!
    I wanted Open Car and Way Out of Here and got my wish, worth the ticket price alone.

Indigo is a great venue, sound was terrific.

They said they were starting to write for a new album so hopefully they will play here next time round!

Big up to galwayrush for sorting us out with tickets

Wow what a great gig.
    Dont think I have ever got goosebumps as much at the one gig!
    I wanted Open Car and Way Out of Here and got my wish, worth the ticket price alone.

Indigo is a great venue, sound was terrific.

They said they were starting to write for a new album so hopefully they will play here next time round!

Big up to galwayrush for sorting us out with tickets

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

saw them recently in Tilburg,very enjoyable,excellent venue 013..Played the entire FOABP,Would have preferred to have heard just a few songs from it..but they did play some older songs like 'sever' and 'sleep of no dreaming' which was interesting.Gavin Harrison was terrific as always

fear of a blank planet
    my ashes
    anesthetise
    sentimental
    way out of here
    sleep together
    normal
    stars die
    what happens now
    wedding nails
    dark matter
    sever
    half light
    open car
    blackest eyes
    ----encore--
    sleep of no dreaming
    halo

what was the english set list like?

Quite similar, I presume the whole of FOABP was played for the DVD recording

Normal
    Drown With Me
    Stars Die
    What Happens Now?
    Anesthetize
    Open Car
    Dark Matter
    Wedding Nails
    Prodigal
    Strip The Soul
    Half Light
    Way Out Of Here
    Sleep Together
    Encore:
    Fear Of A Blank Planet
    Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 23 krimson765

yes the first night they did only,the 2nd night they played more from In absentia i heard.strip the soul,3., and prodigal as well as cheating the polygraph..
    im sure they played fear of a blank planet again as wilson accidentally knocked over the mic stand the first night.!

• Advertisement

Stunning show, in a most impressive Arena. Definitely the best sound i have ever experienced.

Wahey lads, they coming again. Playing the Hammersmith Apollo in October. Only date listed on Ticketmaster is 9th October so far, but on another site, where I found out they were playing, it also says 2nd October. The reason why that'll be so sweet....its my 21st.

All-seated show, playing new album, and obviously more. Promises to be great!

EDIT: Don't think they playing the 2nd...something else booked in the Hammersmith that night.

And my tickets arrived for this today:D

Advertisement