Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux to get mention on radio

• 17-02-2008 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hello lads :)

Well, some of you may already know, but Boards.ie has been going for ten years now.

Newstalk are running a segment on Monday morning about the website, and they spoke to me on Friday afternoon about the team.

So, I think we'll at least get a mention, and possibly I'll be on the radio talking about us :)

Have a listen if you're near a radio, and maybe text or email them.

Boardeaux getting mentioned on National Radio lads, this is the big time!!:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Not long now til the scouts are knocking on our doors. I can see it now, stepping out onto the Tolka turf. Wages in Burdocks vouchers. It's the big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

What times it on at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i hope u didnt mention the last 3 games did you?!! 4th in the league and ravaged by injuries and absentees is the way to go i think.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

yeh, Ed's defo on the right lines there - Ed for PR rep!

What time will the slot be on at? Will be interesting to hear how they portray boards as a whole, I don't want our seventy thousand fans being undermined :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Good stuff lads, keep up the good work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Did it actually get mentioned? I didnt hear the whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No mention, the bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DesF wrote: »
    No mention, the bastards.

Yeah disgusted. It's a massive success story. Ah well, AFL got a plug so 1 out of 2 ain't bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

that's it, Newstalk has just been added to The List, right up there beside P Diddy and Celine Dion in terms of people or things I'd gladly do the necessary time in return for getting the pleasure to deck them.

What was the general gist of what they said about boards - assume there's a thread somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

How will I ever make it to the big time now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

A zidane style headbutt could do it.

Though you may need to aim a bit higher and take out several players in a headbutting frenzy before the media become interested..

Advertisement