Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players upset when I reject offers for them.

Options
  • 17-02-2008 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Playing as Barcelona, got a great team, winning every single competition for the last 3 seasons, team is happy etc etc, no financial problems.

Every transfer window, Juventus or Inter or Real or whichever other big team will come sniffing around one or two of my 20-24 year old squad players. Like Dos Santos/Bojan/Breno/Gareth Bale. I will either reject these bids, or negotiate it up to something like £100mill to make them go away.
    Immediately afterwards the player will get upset that I won't allow him to enter talks with Inter/Real.

These players are all playing 25+ games a season in all competitions, have hefty contracts, no conflicts with me or other players. Why do they get so unhappy when the team is winning everything and I'm such a great manager? Most of them have me listed as 'Favourite Personel' or whatever.

So How do I keep these players happy while telling all the other teams to **** off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I guess just keep praising them. i've found it best just to cash in on them, sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn't. with one player though, the same thing happened, was unhappy, wanting a new challenge, but i kept rejecting and eventually his contract was running out. so basically with 7 months left to go he rejected basically the best contract i could give him. so i transfer listed him, listed him as unwanted by the club, managed to negotiate a few good deals and all of a sudden he doesn't want to leave, he is then willing to sign a new 3 year contract for less than he was on previously... maybe that was a bug, but if it gets as far as the contract running it it might be worth giving them the ultimatum like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

I have a suggestion for this. Instead of rejecting offers from clubs put the asking price for your player up to something high that will scare the bidding club off. By doing this the offer is not rejected and your players will not get upset. Works for me. :)

flyswatter wrote: »
    I have a suggestion for this. Instead of rejecting offers from clubs put the asking price for your player up to something high that will scare the bidding club off. By doing this the offer is not rejected and your players will not get upset. Works for me. :)

uhhh... this does not work 90% of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.V.S.

uhhh... this does not work 90% of the time.

uhhh... Always works for me. Keeping Micah Richards happy at City anyway, with Milan, Real, Chelsea, Arsenal sniffing around

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sometimes they can be pset by that too. "Feels his asking price is too high"

• Advertisement

D.V.S. wrote: »
    uhhh... Always works for me. Keeping Micah Richards happy at City anyway, with Milan, Real, Chelsea, Arsenal sniffing around

well that's just weird. the OP has already pointed out anyway that it doesn't work for him...

Advertisement