Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can anybody explain this? (rant)

Options
  • 17-02-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

I know its a topic that has been done to death, but why is there a 60km/hr speed limit on the road connecting the N4 to Intel. Just talking to a guy in work, who was done doing 77km/hr in a 60km/hr zone (2pts etc). The road has 2 lanes each way, theres no houses or buildings on it, just fields each side, and it offers great visibility. I can understand coming over the brow of the hill at the end, as its blind, but he got nabbed further back. Sounds like an absolute joke. Has anyone actually found a genuine reason for what seems a silly limit, as im struglging to see why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Yea, I find it extremely difficult to adhere to that limit. It might be because there are a set of three roundabouts in such a short space, or possibly cause its close to some estates and is used by many walkers / runners etc.

I've never seen the guards up there myself but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Apparently they are there quite alot, particularly on Friday or Saturday evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

They are usually waiting at the first roundabout heading for Intel, if you've just come off the M4, on the left. You don't seethem till the road straightens up, by then it's too late cuase they've seen you first.

It's very hard to adhere, and 60kph seems too slow on a road of it's size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There are footpaths on both sides which are used a lot by pedestrians.

Advertisement