Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has this forum helped you? (Please post)

• 17-02-2008 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if you all aw the site wide announcement, but some members of boards will be on NewsTalk this coming Monday.
    They will be discussing how boards has had an effect on their lives and I was wondering if this forum helped and of the regulars here on the Giving Up Smoking fourm.

Feel free to post away.

I'm gonna leave this here after the radio show anyway.

I just want to see if we (as a community) have been any help to anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

It helped me overcome some evil urges to start smoking again a few months ago, which is cool. I would have kicked myself if I'd started smoking after 3 years off them, so cheers to all who post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh im still off them 2 weeks now, and have to say the giving up smoking forum has been a help to me, expecially for advice and even kind words

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i only quit 3 weeks ago, but i check this forum from time to time and it helps. but i don't check that often, because i tend not to think about smoking at all anymore, unless i'm having a drink, in which case i'm not normally sitting in front of a PC.

but yes. thumbs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

Yep.
    I checked in here in the build up to quitting to see how other people did it. I came back here a couple of times as there's a few people who quit the same time as me (coincidentally).
    And I came in today, partly to brag, because today i realised I HAD TO CHECK how long I'm a non smoker, as opposed to knowing to the day, hour, second how long I've quit. And I'm very pleased to announce that I am now free on my 25 a day, for the last 17 years habit, for the grand total of 13 weeks! TODAY!
    YEAY! It can be done. Best of luck whatever stage your at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Yes, it has.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

I signed up to boards.ie just to post in this forum after being a few months smoke free. Just wanted to give my two cents to others who were thinkin about quitting!

Advertisement