Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving accompanied?

Options
  • 17-02-2008 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

My girlfriend has just passed her driving test and is wondering if she can now drive unaccompanied or was there a change in the law requiring her to be accompanied by someone with a full licence for one/two years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cwboy wrote: »
    My girlfriend has just passed her driving test and is wondering if she can now drive unaccompanied or was there a change in the law requiring her to be accompanied by someone with a full licence for one/two years?

She can drive unaccompanied, she passed that means she's capable enough to take on Irish roads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

She can drive around unaccompanied. Only affects people passing after June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

i presume she doesnt hav the 1full license yet tho the cert is worthless until u apply and get a receipt for application of the full license.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

i presume she doesnt hav the 1full license yet tho the cert is worthless until u apply and get a receipt for application of the full license.

not true, you can drive unaccomp with the cert, that's what i was told by the nice fellow who passed me in November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

But why would you bother waiting any longer to get the pink slip? In fairness, once you pass the test you should be applying for a licence. It's a bit retarted to not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Maybe they dont have the €25 to spare! lol

Advertisement