Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Registars .ie

Options
  • 17-02-2008 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭
    EMar Sounds

Hi,

I've found one or two registars that are doing .ie domains for around 20eu
    But as i've read here some of their servers can be slugish or whatever
    I've be wondering why .ie domains over the years have been much more
    expencive and harder to register than any other domains on the net.

I mean, i can set up a web hosting control panel for a domain name that
    hasn't been registered yet, goto ex. godaddy and 5 minutes later have
    that domain name pointing to my server's dns and the site is online 5 mins.

Can i register a .ie domain for cheap in 5 mins flat?
    What's the best deals that you would recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

First off, you don't need to host with the company you buy the domains through normally.

Secondly - you cannot register an IE domain in 5 minutes. It can take up to several working days depending on if you have the require documentation or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

If you have a registered business name, or a company number, you can secure a .ie in a few minutes. Otherwise, it takes an average of a few days.

As Michele says, you can buy the domain at any of the low cost provider, and host it anywhere you like also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

The cost of ie domains reflects the admistrative work that has to go in to the registration process.

Anyone can register any .com domain they want, but there are rules to who can register what .ie domains. This means you have to send in documentation by email or fax, which has to be verified by your register and the IEDR to make sure the application is under the correct category and will be accepted.

The administrative process makes it impossible to register an .ie in under a few hours. Plus, the registry is only open Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm so you can't process new registrations outside these hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

Thank you guys

Advertisement