Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septum?

Options
  • 17-02-2008 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

My friends and I are heading up to Dublin after the mocks are done and I'm bandying about the idea of getting me septum pierced while I'm up there. I'm not particularly bothered about the pain part of it, but I know my mam'll have a canary if she sees it so I'm gonna have to get it done with a retainer and keep it flipped up. If anyone else has it done, is it obvious just after you get it pierced that you got a needle shoved through your nose? Like, does your nose go red or bleed or anything? Also, if you've a retainer in it, does it stay flipped up alright and is it difficult to spot? I'm heard some people mention others commenting on shiny boogers, lol. I'm short though, so I don't know if that'll be a problem. Finally, what's the best place to get it done? I went to the Celestial Ring near Jervis to get my lobes done last time, but I'm open to suggestion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

barry in metal morphosis is a great piercer and i've never had any problems with all 10 i have! i'd suggest him only cause i've had great experience in there.Elaine used to be in there too and she was great,and hot! ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I'd say 90% of this board wouldn't recomend Metal Metamorphisis. I'd say Vpiercing, Wildcat (Abbey St or Stevens Green), Snakebite or Bodyshock would all be fine. It's a fairly common piercing.

well that means 10% would. I've been getting piercings for the last 8 or 9 years in different places and i've had nothing go wrong in there. metal works in galway is one of the shoddiest in all the land. no probs at all in metal morphosis,that'd be snake bites,scaffolds,lobes,tragus eyebrow etc etc

I think I was even being kind with the 10% there. The amount of dodgy stories I've heard about that place is unreal.

well i think the place and the people in it are 2 different things, barry is a very capable piercer and enthusiastic about his job.i cant comment on all the staff that may have passed through there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i can't comment on barry as a piercer, but he does seem like a pretty genuine, sound out guy.

OP, i got my septum done by mark in Vpiercings (under inkwell tattoo on the quays), and got a retainer (3.6mm) put straight in, most people can't see the piercing at all. i know i met up with a lot of the guys from the board here and nobody could see it. it's not so much something you 'flip up', as just a bar that sits tucked in your nose, it's pretty hard to see, unless you stretch it up a bit.

if you went to celestial ring near jervis, there's a chance that it was mark from vpiercing who did it for you, but by mocks, i assume you mean LC, as there's a chance you may be too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'd recommend any of the places above except metal morphosis. I got mine done with a niobium septum retainer which is black and totally invisible when I flipped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Tiroskan wrote: »
    My friends and I are heading up to Dublin after the mocks are done and I'm bandying about the idea of getting me septum pierced while I'm up there.

No one else worried about giving advise about septum piercings to someone obviously under 18 considering they are doing their mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    No one else worried about giving advise about septum piercings to someone obviously under 18 considering they are doing their mocks.

Minimum age for a septum in Dublin is 16.

Also..wouldnt suggest metal morphosis, listen to what the guys have to say...V piercing(I havent been there but Ive been pierced by Mark when hes in Celestial Ring and hes one of the best), Snakebite and Bodyshock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Reg'stoy wrote: »

O.o If they started school a bit later than the average age, they could be 18 at the time of the leaving cert mocks. Or they could be a repeat or mature student. In any case, it's not illegal to give advise on piercings to under-18s. It's the piercer who'll decide at the end of the day.

• Advertisement

I got my septum done just before 6th year too! The horror! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i was just gone 17 doing my leaving cert, everyone is different.
    theres no regulations anyway its all down to the piercer or studio, laws dont come into it, with septums anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Fair enough but, and I just checked it in the stickies to make sure, that no advice was to be given to under 18's, so people are liable to be banned for a couple of weeks. I'm on a yellow card myself :o and hate walking on eggshells.

o.0
    how can we know... its what we usually do here anyway, give advice to people.
    *slaps head*

Yes, well, Reg'Stoy, clearly you've learned far more about this forum in the four months that you've been registered than the people who have been posting here for quite some time. Thanks for watching out for us, but I'm sure we'll all be fine without your advice.

Get your panties un-tied Nic :p<3

I can't, someone peed in my cornflakes :(

touché my dear

p.s it was me, sorry ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

When I got my septum done, I got it pierced with a keeper like this:
    http://www.wildcat.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=103

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i have the other type of retainer in,but you do get a lot of shiney booger comments

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

a good few of my mates have their septums done, and i know 2 of them that did it themselves!
    one of my gud friends has it done and, he can hide his no probs. were not allowed piercings in my school and he keeps it ''flipped up'' all the time and no teachers have noticed it so...

and whatever you do dont go to the place in georges street arcade! nearly everyone, including myself have had bad experiences there, and even thought its alot cheaper its really not worth the infections etc that follow!
    :D:D

... they do septums there? Tell me there aren't people out there getting their septums gunned :|

Yeah that's how their doing them. Getting your septum done with a gun must be fun :D I just got mine stretched and it was nearly as bad as getting it pierced.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭happy_feet

they wud probably do anything there if u ask!

i mean the guy tried to pierce my friends nose with a gun! he messed it up and had to re do it 5 TIMES and then it got really infected!

guns are for lobes imo. full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I work beside the arcade pretty much beside that place and the amount of 15 year olds i see trying to go in there to get their navel's, eyebrows done etc is unreal, even heard one group of girls givin out about them, cuz only one of them had ID, n he was believing they were all whatever age till he asked another for ID or summit...wanted to slap em all...

I've seen first hand the bad results comin out of metal morphisis, twas a girl did the piercing, screwed up big time, it was done about two or three years ago and only fully healed and settled a few months ago...

I'd recommened snakebite every time, got all mine there and everyone i know only has good experiences with it

As for hiding the septum, I know a bunch of people with it and it's totally unnoticable unless you go looking for it

ive gotten a good few done in georges, and yet to see the gun, believe it or not!

ive gotten a good few done in georges, and yet to see the gun, believe it or not!

*shudders*

I still can't understand why that place is open... I know prices in other places are more, but its totally worth it.

i know that, and yet... when it's just the rim of hte ear for some small, very standard piercings... it is difficult to pay €40 instead of €10...

i know that, and yet... when it's just the rim of hte ear for some small, very standard piercings... it is difficult to pay €40 instead of €10...

tbh, I'd pay the €40 or just not get it done. Better than walking around with painful hypertrophic scarring or worse, a collapsed ear!

On a side note, V piercings have the best pricelist I've seen, probably only €20-€25 for a basic piercing. Wildcat charge extra for jewellery and spray stuff that ye really don't need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i got all my crappy ear ones in there,as crumble froo says its hard to pay that much for something small and crappy.having said that they do do the tragus in there with the gun........

Advertisement