Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4gig OCZ PC2-8000 ReaperX HPC

Options
  • 17-02-2008 6:17am
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

These are only 115 euro for 4 gigs but I cant find a review anywhere, the PC-6400 kit gets good reviews...

My wallet says Buy Buy Buy! But my instincts say OMFG RUN AWAY!

The timings seem poor enough @ 5-5-5-18, but other than that, its 4gigs of PC2-8000 for 115 euro!

Good purchase on a budget? or avoid like the plague?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

id say get 6400 with better timings. cheaper aswel. 4gb for 90 odd euro on dabs.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Yup, after doing some more reading the PC2-6400 version seems much better.

It has much better 4-4-3-15 timings and PC Stats got them to 1140 MHz at stock timings and 1240 MHz at 5-5-5-18

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Mushkin XP2-6400 4gig kit seems to be even better value....

99 euro

I should google more before making threads...... Bah its late :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I paid €110 for 4GB of 6400 Corsair off OCUK the timings were 5-5-5-12

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

geil black dragon 6400 is only 60£ on overclockers atm. Im gonna buy it later in the week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I got 2x2Gb Gskill pc8000's 5-5-5-15 for 83e :p beat that for value, they do 1100mhz on stock timings & voltage. Mind you, i did get my sis buy them & post them to me from USA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I got 2x2Gb Gskill pc8000's 5-5-5-15 for 83e :p beat that for value, they do 1100mhz on stock timings & voltage. Mind you, i did get my sis buy them & post them to me from USA

they sell the same sticks on memoryc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Memory-configurator is the best place to buy memory!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

awhir wrote: »
    they sell the same sticks on memoryc

Yes, but for 122e & delivery :p
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemory/ddr2ram/4gbgskill1000pc28000pq.html

Note that 2Gb sticks will not go much beyond stock speeds or timings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Anti wrote: »
    geil black dragon 6400 is only 60£ on overclockers atm. Im gonna buy it later in the week

You're putting 8GB in your rig?

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it was just my board but from testing my 4GB kit of Mushkin XP2-6400 I found tight timings made near to no performance difference, whereas a higher clock made a huge difference. I'd say go for higher clocks over timings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You're putting 8GB in your rig?

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it was just my board but from testing my 4GB kit of Mushkin XP2-6400 I found tight timings made near to no performance difference, whereas a higher clock made a huge difference. I'd say go for higher clocks over timings.

Yup, Gonna go to 8gb, ram is so cheap at the mo i mayaswell. And i agree with you about timings, they seem to make hardly any difference at all.

Advertisement