Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go Karting

Options
  • 17-02-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend anywhere to go-karting in Limerick?
    Google throws up one or two results but as ive never been in Limerick would rather recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

theres one place out in Kilcornan, bout 20 minutes outside of the city straight out the dock road out past Kildimo

Been ages since I've been there.....don't think there is anywhere else tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Yeah,thats the place i found.Just looking for something different to do on a day off,whats it like if u can remember?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, i've been there with a school trip a few years back, it was fun. We had a great laugh! Think its expensive though but not too sure (it was free for us)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They have 3 options, full grand prix (€50), endurance (relay over 100 laps) (€50), to 'arrive and drive' (€20 for 15 minutes, €35 for 30 minutes).

http://www.limerickkarting.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Its quiet good there though, the karts are generally fast and they five lap times etc

And I like the track too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Good track in abbeyfeale have been there a few times great craic in the rain

http://www.abbeyfealekarting.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

The track in kilcornan is not great to be honest. You dont have to break anywhere on the track. The first corner there used to be great but they have changed it so now you can do it flat out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Another bad thing about Kilcornan is that the karts are very obviously poorly matched, lessening the craic a good bit.

I've been there several times with company outings and although good craic, everyone tends to comment about the karts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Theres also a place just beyond van veens near crecora that you can do buggie racing in a field, its pure muddy so its a great laugh, you can also do paint balling, the name escapes me at the moment however...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I agree with goofy and supersonic, the track is no fun to drive has you never have to break and the karts are not maintained well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

havent been there in a long time now so didnt know they changed it

a bit out of the way but anyone ever go to the michael schumacher one in lanzarote, its mad crack

also went to the longest indoor one in the world in dortmund germany, wasnt as great as i expected as it was way to windy but the karts were very powerful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

Long time since I was in Kilcornan, been there a few times though and always had a laugh. Its always best in the wet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Would agree with the previous posters.

Its an easy track a bit of crack u dont have to brake at all

The karts are not evenly matched at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

bump/\

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Icky Thump wrote: »
    bump/\

:D

Bump what? The Zombie thread. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

yea i thought it would be nice to give the original OP a new answer:D

@OP here is a new go-karting place http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055921764

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

@OP here is a new go-karting place http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055921764

The OP is Test Tranmission and Im sure he is aware of it considering he was discussing it on the other thread.

Also, If my spies are correct then he was karting very recently so Im sure he was googling all about it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thanks for thinking about me.
    Berty wrote: »
    The OP is Test Tranmission and Im sure he is aware of it considering he was discussing it on the other thread.

Also, If my spies are correct then he was karting very recently so Im sure he was googling all about it as well.

Yup,exactly right

Advertisement