Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for best 3G Broadband deal.

• 17-02-2008 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

I thought I heard vodafone had a deal ,€40 for modem.

Anyone know of any deals from any networks for broadband ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Someone in work was actually looking at this the other day. She was advised that O2 is probably the best to go for in the long term. I think the modems at their standard price are all pretty much the same price, but looking at what's available Vodafone could end up costing you more in the long run:

Vodafone - download limit 5GB per month, 5c per meg after that

O2 - download limit 10GB per month with "fair usage" policy (i.e. no charge if you go a little over once every few months)

3 - download limit 10GB per month, 2c per meg after that. Unlike the other 2 needs drivers to set it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks for replying zaph ,the usage cap won't affect me at all . I'd say I'd be lucky to hit anything above 2GB a month.

I found an option on vodafone to buy an "as new" modem ,for €29.
    Which brings the first year to €345 all in.
    02 is working out at €405.
    3 is working out at €330.

I've got the impression that the 3 network isn't as good as vodafone. I'll be using this modem all around dublin and when I need to use it ,I really need it.

Is three as reliable around dublin ?

Advertisement