Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday in Dublin

Options
  • 17-02-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

What's good to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I went to the Guinness Brewery with the kiwis yesterday. it was actually quite interesting.

Also i'd suggest:

The Zoo.... need I say more!

Walk on Dun Laoghaire pier and lunch nearby (if it's not too far to travel)

National Art Gallery (nice cafe too!)

Photographic gallery in temple bar followed by chicken wings in elephant and castle.

Cinema.... eat yourself silly on jelly sweets.

Kilmainham jail... very interesting and worth a visit

Georgian museum off merrion square .. haven't been but bf said it's good. A georgian house has been recreated in the period with furniture and stuff.

Viking Splash tour... you get to scream at randomers.

I might think of more but these are all things I've enjoyed on a Sunday afternoon. I realise it's a day late for you but maybe next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Dun all dose alredy :(

Went to Bram Stoker experience yesterday. It was terribly good in a father ted sort of way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

a walk in the phoenix park, followed by the cinema and then a nice meal somewhere. Or stroll around town, have a coffee or icecream alfresco, then cinema then food. Home by 10pm. That's my perfect Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

WindSock wrote: »
    Dun all dose alredy :(

Went to Bram Stoker experience yesterday. It was terribly good in a father ted sort of way :D

Hmm.... do you feel you experienced Bram Stoker fully!

I can't think of anything else I'm afraid. I'll rakc my brain til next Sunday.

I wish it was Sunday today.. stupid mondays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

watna wrote: »
    I went to the Guinness Brewery with the kiwis yesterday. it was actually quite interesting.

Also i'd suggest:

The Zoo.... need I say more!

Walk on Dun Laoghaire pier and lunch nearby (if it's not too far to travel)

National Art Gallery (nice cafe too!)

Photographic gallery in temple bar followed by chicken wings in elephant and castle.

Cinema.... eat yourself silly on jelly sweets.

Kilmainham jail... very interesting and worth a visit

Georgian museum off merrion square .. haven't been but bf said it's good. A georgian house has been recreated in the period with furniture and stuff.

Viking Splash tour... you get to scream at randomers.

I might think of more but these are all things I've enjoyed on a Sunday afternoon. I realise it's a day late for you but maybe next week!

MMMMMMM ELEPHANT AND CASTLE CHICKEN WINGS!!!!

*sorry completely off topic - but well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Check out Blackrock Market, the busiest day there is Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

elbee wrote: »
    Check out Blackrock Market, the busiest day there is Sunday.

Or if you're Northside, try Howth market. Taste and try all the little treats. Buy some of them if you want. Grab a footlong sausage and head down for a walk on the pier. With the weather inproving, I'll be spending most of my Sunday afternoons in the visinity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

The CRC are having their annual art show this Saturday and Sunday from 11am til 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Lainabaina

scuse my ignorance, but what's the CRC? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

Central Remedial Clinic, Clontarf.

• Advertisement

flanzer wrote: »
    Or if you're Northside, try Howth market. Taste and try all the little treats. Buy some of them if you want. Grab a footlong sausage and head down for a walk on the pier. With the weather inproving, I'll be spending most of my Sunday afternoons in the visinity

Wind+Food=Not good :(

Wind+Socks=good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I would love more than anything to become a photographer, thing is I don't have an SLR yet. I am trying to save up for one :)
    I'll make my presence known on the forum believe you me as soon as I get it ;)

Oh and I visited the Skerries mills a couple of Sundays ago, they guy who does the tour is lovely, very into his windmills and very informative. I think you have to do the tour to get some water action on the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Water action?

This is going to be a fun weekend. :p

See you soon then! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Watch those human statues in Grafton Street.

Advertisement