Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Members Awards ?

Options
  • 17-02-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Is there such an award or scheme here ? I've been a boards member since 2003 and have been amazed at the amount of time some people spend helping others in difficulty for no reward.

Obviously I haven't read every thread here but the topics that do interest me have thrown up some members that go above an beyond what could be called helpful into a category best described as altruistic !

If there isn't already one, would it be a goer to start something like this ? I think these people deserve to be at least recognised for their work.

ZEN
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Here's the current list of categories in the Boards awareds:

* Poster of the year
    * N00b of the year
    * Mod of the year
    * Biggest muppet
    * Funniest moment
    * Most Lickable boardsie

For what you're suggesting, Poster of the Year is possibly the only award that could be given (unless the recipient is a mod), but there's no set criteria as to what qualifies someone for this category so you couldn't guarantee they'd win. Mightn't be a bad idea for a future category though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Click

Now if you see this link here, you will see that I was cheated out of the mod of the year award.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Terry wrote: »
    Click

Now if you see this link here, you will see that I was cheated out of the mod of the year award.
    It was a conspiracy Terry but dont tell anyone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm shocked I wasn't on the mod of the year poll, shocked I tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Cabaal wrote: »

Yeah? Well imagine how I feel!?1!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

6th wrote: »
    Yeah? Well imagine how I feel!?1!
    Cabaal wrote: »

Get of the stage the two of you.

The only person who really deserved it was
    me
    . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I dont even need to highlight the spoiler, there only enough room for one word .......Az.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

muffler wrote: »
    It was a conspiracy Terry but dont tell anyone.
    Yes I have it on good authority that it was another attempt by the underpants gnomes to find out what the ???? in their plan was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

ZENER wrote: »
    II've been a boards member since 2003 and have been amazed at the amount of time some people spend helping others in difficulty for no reward.
    ZEN

There's an irony in someone signing their posts ZEN not understanding the concept of selflessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hagar wrote: »
    There's an irony in someone signing their posts ZEN not understanding the concept of selflessness.
    LMAO.

Getting back on topic, I demand that Ruu hands over his award to me, being that I' the real winner.
    I'd say he added a few votes for himself to that poll too.
    Damn Smods and their almight poll editing powers.

I also bribed Kharn, but he still didn't rig the poll. I want that brown envelope back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement