Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History paragraph

Options
  • 17-02-2008 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

How wold ya get the full 12 marks out of 12 for a history paragraph at higher level?would you need to include quotes or.....I currently average around 7-9 for each!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 woods32

Ye Dat Would Be Grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

de way dey mark u in history is very flawed but is also very manageable if u prepare it right.what i was always told is that if you acquire 60 or more in all ur paragraphs you will get ur 60 out of a hundred.ie if u 10 paragraphs dat get u 6 out of 12 u wil stil get ur 60/60 nd so on so forth.it is extremely rare for u 2 get 12 out of 12 so dat is definitely de best way 2 get ur marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Have at least 10 good facts. Quotes are good, and any bit of analysis would add to it. But really, its very hard to get twelve unless your paragraphs are about a page long. From what we're told, anything over eight is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yeah what we were told was to "bombard the examiner with information" in our history essays and write a whole load of average paragprahs to get the 60 marks...

Our history teacher said that people forget that they can (and should) include all the basic info in their essays, so if you're writing about 1916, start off with a paragraph explaining that Ireland was part of the UK on 1916, elected around 100 MPs to the Westminster parliament, and didn't have any government in Ireland, and that the rebellion grew out of people wanting to change this. If you remember to include those simple (but relevant) details you can very easily pad out an essay with a lot more than you'd think...

Personally my problem is writing too slowly - half the time I know exactly what I want to write on every essay, I just never have enough time to finish the last one :mad:

Advertisement