Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television - The drug of the nation

Options
  • 17-02-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

This was in a magazine, probably Horse and Hound, or then again maybe not (maybe tis just a joke)

A young Mum wrote:While, I was recovering from surgery and spending most of the day in bed, my seven year old son asked me why I didn't get a boyfriend, since my husband (his Dad) had run off. I told him the television is my new boyfriend, he entertains me all the time. And, even though he sometimes doesn't start, I just give it a few hard whacks on the side and it comes back on and I'm happy as a lark for hours. He was satisfied with the explanation and walked away.

Sunday the pastor stopped by to check on my recovery. My son answered the door. The pastor smiled and asked, "Is your Mom busy, son?"
    My little one looked up at him and replied, "Yes, sir, she's in the bedroom banging her new boyfriend and once she gets him started, she'll be happy for hours!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭rocky25

Sounds like a dodgy telly, she probably has a 26 inch Bush:rolleyes:

Advertisement