Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for violin lessons

Options
  • 17-02-2008 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hey,

I've recently moved to Sligo and looking to learn the violin as I got one as a present. Anyone know of where I would find a few grinds? Any music shops in town? possibly a trad shop?
    Any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

sonandheir wrote: »
    Hey,

I've recently moved to Sligo and looking to learn the violin as I got one as a present. Anyone know of where I would find a few grinds? Any music shops in town? possibly a trad shop?
    Any help would be great.

Thanks

You could try the Sligo Academy of Music as they would have lots of
    information at the
    Sligo Academy of Music,
    Model Yard Studios,
    Model Niland Gallery,
    The Mall,
    Sligo. Phone -- 071-9138828

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Oasis Music
    6 Lower Pearse Rd Sligo Co. Sligo
    (071)9153540

(086)1529429

Its just up from Peking House Chinese, kind of opposite the Garda Station. I have seen them doing alot of advertising regarding lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

sueme wrote: »
    Oasis Music
    6 Lower Pearse Rd Sligo Co. Sligo
    (071)9153540

(086)1529429

Its just up from Peking House Chinese, kind of opposite the Garda Station. I have seen them doing alot of advertising regarding lessons.

Do you reference everywhere by it's location to the nearest Chinese / Indian?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Do you reference everywhere by it's location to the nearest Chinese / Indian?!?!

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'll take that as a 'yes', so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I know where it is because of the Peking house mention! Is that a bad thing? :o

I love Oasis, They've saved my life a couple of times. They're great so I would check with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

They don't seem to know that much about violins, dunno about the rest. Are you near Gurteen or capable of travelling there? They used to run lots of music lessons out there, I learned the fiddle there for many a year. If you want to learn classical the Sligo school of music is your best place, but for trad there are lots of teachers who go to your house and teach you. I'm not sure if I should put names up here, but ring the Coleman music centre in Gurteen first and try and find some info.

Advertisement