Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet areas

• 17-02-2008 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Im commuting so sometimes its handy to just slap out the labtop but there arent many areas. I now the arts block has good few sockts etc and good wireless reception but anywhere else anyone can think of??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

thebullets wrote: »
    Im commuting so sometimes its handy to just slap out the labtop but there arent many areas. I now the arts block has good few sockts etc and good wireless reception but anywhere else anyone can think of??

I think the Library, Logic house and the John Hume building all have wireless access. Not sure how strong it is now. I still have to configure mine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

In John Hume, only tried wireless in JHL1 and in the O'Briens sandwhich bar. JHL1 seems to be very tempromental, with only a "Fair" signal, whilst O'Briens barely connects.

Never tried it anywhere else in John Hume, but I know the Juciee Lucie has really good Wireless as well ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

JH1 I've always connected and had a good strong signal. Arts block is class. As far as I know the library wireless is a closed one and its not possible to connect any outside laptops up to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

is it restricted access or can anyone with a laptop connect??
    S

JH1 I've always connected and had a good strong signal. Arts block is class. As far as I know the library wireless is a closed one and its not possible to connect any outside laptops up to it.

Really, I always get a tempromental connection there. Never stays connected:mad:
    slumped wrote: »
    is it restricted access or can anyone with a laptop connect??
    S

No, you need to download a VPN connection app, then to connect you need a NUIM username and password

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    In John Hume, only tried wireless in JHL1 and in the O'Briens sandwhich bar. JHL1 seems to be very tempromental, with only a "Fair" signal, whilst O'Briens barely connects.

Never tried it anywhere else in John Hume, but I know the Juciee Lucie has really good Wireless as well ;)

I'm not sure the number but the john hume theatre which is just right of the stairs as you come in has a router set up.

Well, that depends. L2 is on your right from the Arts block enterance, L1 is on your right from the Rye Hall side enterance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thebullets

cheers for all that but im more looking for an area which doesnt always have lectures going on. prob the arts block??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Yeah there or in the seating area just beside O'brien's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

http://computercentre.nuim.ie/students/Wirelessindex.shtml

There you go. And the library wifi isn't closed, I connect to it every week with my own laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

just thought i'd throw this in here:

Does anyone else have a problem with their VPN onnection dropping every few minutes, it's really starting to annoy me. Am I doing something wrong or is the VPN client just rubbish in college?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Where are you when this happens? I don't really have any problems with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Mainly in the library but it's happening in the Arts block as well. I think it must have something to do with my firewall or internet security

Advertisement